[]+[]Chapter Three[]+[]

Beams of sunlight shot through the window like lasers. Everyone in Arendelle were still sound asleep, not a sound to be heard. Then, one little eye popped open, then another. Elsa rubbed her eyes and sat up in her bed. After waking up, she peeked at Jack and giggled. Hopping down, she walked over to him and sat in his lap.

"Jack?" She asked as he pulled at the collar of his sweatshirt. This caused him to groan slightly. "Stop..." The young princess giggled again and pulled once again, a bit harder this time. He jolted up quickly, his eyes widened in surprise. "What the-oh! Uh, sorry princess!" Jack exclaimed as he realized that she had fallen when he moved so suddenly.

He picked her up while she giggled and pulled her into his lap. "So...how was your sleep?" Jack asked her. "It was amazing! I had a dream!" He smiled, showing his teeth as white as freshly fallen snow. "Oh? What about?" asked Jack while she smiled happily. "I was eating a ton of chocolate!" Laughter erupted from him.

"You like chocolate I'm guessing?" The young spirit asked Elsa. "I love it!" The two laughed together but went silent when a knock was heard on the door. Then, the young voice of a girl started to sing. "Elsa? Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on, let's go and play! I never see you anymore. Come out the door. It's like you've gone away!"

The singing seemed to bother Elsa. Yet it puzzled Jack. Who was on the other side of the door? Who was Elsa shutting out. "We used to be best buddies, and now we're not. I wish you would tell me why! Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman..." Elsa was practically in tears as she mustered up all her strength to say, "Go away, Anna."

Jack was astounded by what Elsa had just done. "Okay bye..." said the girl on the other side of the door. After she had left, he looked at Elsa, who was now crying. "Who was she? Why did you tell her to go away?" Jack asked her. Looking up at him with tears running down her small face, she said as she choked on tears, "M-My sis-ter....I jus-ust need to pr-protect her..."

Nothing could've confused the young spirit more than this. Was this her father's orders? To stay away from her sister to protect her? In his opinion, Elsa's father was doing a very poor job of making the two sisters happy. What had happened to cause all this anyway? He had no idea and he may never find out.

The frigid room was silent as night as they sat together on the floor. Not a single sound apart from their soft breathing cold be heard. With a soft sigh, Jack picked up the weeping child and hugged her gently. Elsa let herself be hugged and felt slightly warm although he was the spirit of winter.

Not wanting her to continue crying, the winter spirit put her down so he could do some magic. He created small animals made of frost which he made start to run around them. Wiping her tears away, Elsa watched them run, a slight smile appearing on her face. Jack chuckled joyfully as he saw the faint smile on her face. All he wanted to do was make her happy.

As Elsa continued to grow up, Jack was beside her every step of the way. Soon, Elsa was twelve years old. Being the guardian of fun, Jack always wanted to play with his powers, but he couldn't or else her father would think it was her. She was forbidden to use her powers, which Jack thought was stupid.

They had been playing a game of checkers, which he thought seemed to slowly drain all the life out of him. Of course, the princess just told him to stop being so dramatic whenever he told her that. "Yes! I win again!" Elsa cheered as she won yet another round.

"Can we please do something different then checkers? You win every time and it's not fair!" Jack exclaimed. She rolled her eyes at him with a soft giggle, then said, "It is too fair! You're just dreadful at the game." A sly smirk spread across his face before he grabbed her from across the table, knocking the board and pieces onto the floor.

Then, he started to tickle her around the waist. "Jack!" The little girl squealed as she started to laugh. Slipping out of his grasp, she pouted when she saw the mess he had made. Jack noticed it as well and laughed. "Oops!" The two dropped to their knees and started to pick up the pieces. Soon, they were all put away up on the shelf in the box once again.