Chapter SixteenthOddly use to this

Pulling out the silver tray laying it on the counter I started laying some crackers down on top of it before folding some of the salami I had and putting each one on a toothpick then grab the little cube cheese putting it on the toothpick too. Once I got done with the little snack I was making for Makar and I, I checked the time pulling my phone out seeing that it's going on 11:30am. Earlier I had let him rest for a while plus it was like 8 around that time I'm not going to wake him up early especially if he's not going to school. The boy did woke up not to long ago around 10, he came downstairs in his blanket and brought his pillow to watching TV in the living room. That came to my knowledge earlier when I was helping one of the maids with laundry and I heard Makar arguing with Halston about the T.V saying that it's his house and he's not gonna watch some boring sports on it. I found that kind of funny due to the fact that he think he runs everything also moody when he's sick which is adorable.

My heart jumped out my chest for a split second as I felt a cold breeze touched my arm. I looked over to my right seeing it was the refrigerator door and it was open I tilt my head a little to see that it was Mr.Nikiforov. He closed the door and had a water bottle in his hand.

"Can I help you?" He asked and I look at him before shifting my eyes back to tray.

"No, zone out a bit." I said putting a small bowl on the tray while I take an orange cutting it in half.

"What are you making?" He ask and I felt him lean over a bit almost like he's hovering me. Then again the man is way taller than me.

"A little snack, Makar tired of eating soup. He said he would die before having to eat more." I kind of laughed repeating what he said but got a sigh out of it. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"He needs to knock his cold out. We gave him different types of soup anyway." He grumbled and his comment made me laugh.

"He doesn't always need to eat soup sir. He can eat regular meals too, I know for dinner he wants beef stew." I said picking the tray up.

"That's the same-"

"Stew contains less of a liquid then soup sir." I smile and he squint his eyes at me folding his arms and I saw a little smirked appear on his face.

"I need you to do me a favor." He said and I nod my head and moved it a little to motioned him to follow me. "You think you can help the maids prepare food and services to our guests that is coming today?" He ask and not to be all shock and all but I'm surprised he didn't demand me helping. We arrived at the living room seeing Makar laying in the couch with his head prop up and he sweating a little. Huh all that energy from this morning seem to tired him out. He looked over and gave us a big smile before turning his attention back on the television.

"Of course, how many is showing up so I know the proper proportions to make." I asked setting the tray on the table.

"It's an family event, the one you and Victoria plan the decor for." He said and that click in my brain, totally forgot about that and kind of grateful to help due to the fact Avery and Anastassia can finally stop pestering me about finding a dress to wear.

"What time is the event supposed to start?" I asked.

"Nine."

"Nine?" A voice chip in and we turn to look at Makar, Mr.Nikiforov put his hands in his pocket.

"I go to bed at seven and I want some real food. Marya can I stay up till nine." I was taking back and Mr.Nikiforov glared at the boy which caused me to hold in my laughter.

"You are expected to be in bed by seven, I'm the parent."

"How about nine, I'm the child." My eyes widened because if I was to say that at his age I probably would have gotten smacked.