The General

It was so easy that night
Should have been strong, yet I lied
Nobody gets me, like you
I know everything changes, all the cities and faces
But I know how I feel about you.

Can we bring yesterday back around?
'Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was young, I was wrong, I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now.

- About You Now, Skippinish

Lucy watched Flynn making tea over the top of her book, fingers tapping on the worn arm of the sofa. She waited patiently for the last dregs of people to leave, and, when Wyatt at last retired to his room, placed it down carefully and made her way over.

She slid her arms around his chest, leaning up to whisper in his ear.
"Hi," she pressed a kiss to his neck.

His eyes darted around the bunker. "Hello."
Flynn groaned lightly as she kept at his neck, making her way up to his jaw. He turned around, hands on her waist.
"Someone might see us."

A poor excuse.
"No one's here."

Everyone else was off winding down for bed, as per usual. He considered.
"Mm, in that case..."

Lucy grinned, stretching on to her tiptoes to kiss him. She relished in the freedom of the free space and wished every day could be like this, with Flynn's hands sweetly curling in her hair, without having to care about everything crashing down around their ears for just a moment...

Or, she ammended, tongue dancing around her mouth, maybe a nice, long moment. Her silky robe fell open, leaving his cool hands space between the waistband of his stolen pyjama bottoms and her t-shirt to tease the sensitive skin on the sides of her waist.

Lucy gasped a laugh when she found herself atop the counter and pulled him in closer.

But then, a clatter on the other side of the room made her yelp. Quickly, Flynn twirled to lean on the counter and Lucy jumped down beside him, looking busy with the first thing she could pick up, which turned out to be a roll of paper towel.

Oh, phew - it was just Jiya. Lucy relaxed, but reddened, realising she must have been sitting on that chair the whole time blocked from her view.

Lucy took a few steps to speak to her, but now her line of sight was clear, she saw the headphones covering Jiya's ears and put a relieved hand on her chest. Her heartbeat calmed, and Lucy and Flynn exchanged a sheepish look.

He slurped calmly on his tea.
"Maybe sometime when we don't have an audience?"

---

Jiya

Jiya did the best impression of sleep she could. It didn't help that she'd bumped into a chair having hidden from Lucy so fast, but it was a whole lot easier to feign tiredness than explain oh, by the way, I'm trying to time travel in my head because some crazy guy I met at a hospital told me to, and yes, I have been having visions of my boyfriend dying, but you have a good night, now.

They'd get it, sure, but all it would be is an extra weight on their conscience. So she stole Rufus' noise-cancelling headphones and slumped down out of sight. Rufus was the only person she would tell any of this to, at least for now.
Besides, Lucy and Flynn would understand. They relied on eachother just as much as she and Rufus, that much was clear. More, even, maybe that Jiya didn't comprehend, because of what they had both lost so recently.

She was glad when they left her alone. She knew was safe in the bunker, all she needed was perfect peace and stillness.

She had sometime to be.