The Capture of Benedict Arnold (1)

I wish that I could fall asleep at night
Instead of wondering why I never get it right
So much swirling up inside my head
Of what I didn't do or what I should've said
I don't hate you, I don't hate you
I just hate how much I don't hate you

-Ingrid Michaelson, Hate You

Lucy had been readying herself all day to see Flynn again, but nothing could have prepared her to see him walking bold as brass straight into Benedict Arnold's sitting room - the very room George Washington had trapped them inside and had heavily armed guards stationed at each exit. She didn't even waste time on wondering how he'd wormed his way in here.
Flynn raised his gun, joined by Wyatt in an instant.

"Easy, easy!" Flynn told him as though he was an overexcited dog. "I got a man in the next room. If shots go off in here, he shoots Washington."

"You're bluffing." Wyatt took aim.

"You're talking to the man who shot Lincoln. You really wanna take that risk?"
Lucy looked at him imploringly - she knew Flynn was right, and was glad to see Wyatt hesitate for all their sakes.

"Just put the gun away." Flynn insisted, and with great effort, added; "I need your help."

"Our help?" Like hell she would help him. His eyes flickered to hers. She was pleased to see he looked nervous.

"The gun." He repeated. "Please? You really want to risk killing George Washington?"

"What the hell is this?"

"When he comes in, just nod and follow my lead. Or else, I'll let Washington hang you for treason." He stowed his gun away safely in his jacket. He looked somewhat sadly at Lucy.

"A truce." Flynn held out his hand, which she grasped gingerly. Even if she was furious at him and didn't want to give herself any opportunity to think about him that way, a small part of her still noted how warm and gentle his hands were. For God's sake.

"For now." Lucy nodded. He squeezed her hand gratefully and let go.

Wyatt was still unsteady on his feet, clearly undecided. Whatever the cost, they couldn't endanger George Washington. Time was ticking fast.

"Wyatt," she pleaded desperately. At that moment, the door opened - in a split second Wyatt made up his mind and hurriedly returned his gun to its pocket.
George Washington himself regarded them all from the doorway with beady eyes.

"Are you who this man says you are?" He asked, his voice deep and commanding.

Wyatt licked his lips nervously. "Well, that is a complicated question, Sir-" he floundered.

"Yes." Lucy cut in. "Yes, we are."
Their best chance was working with Flynn, she knew that, regardless of what had happened between them with Bonnie and Clyde. She wasn't stupid enough to let her hurt over his success at getting the Rittenhouse key prevent her from making the best decisions for the team.

"Mr Roe here says you're the best spies he's got in the Culper Ring."
Mr Roe... How typical of him.

"Yes, that's him. Mr Austin Roe. The renowned Prussian spy."

Flynn smirked at her from behind Washington's back. Jerk.

"Well, thank God for him. He's the one that warned me about Arnold's betrayal." He turned to smile at Flynn, who quickly looked down and willed his face into a neutral expression like a schoolboy hiding laughter from a teacher. "Though the bastard still slipped through our fingers."
Washington looked curiously to Rufus. "And you, you're a free man?"