She Was So Pale

1:

Damon

Damon.

Locator spell after locator spell, à local witch found Aurora, she is 15 hours away from Mystic Falls.

We are all making a quick stop at the boarding house to take some stuff. Elena is just walking around the room. "we'll find her, right? What if she's dead" she murmurs.

"what if she's dead" I mimick her, I use my best impression of her voice. Her annoying ass voice. "will you please shut the fuck up Elena?" I ask her. She glares at me, gulps, her eyes are filled with tears and she storms out of the room.

I groan in frustration, I want Aurora back too, and I feel like no one is hurrying to get her back.

When we are all in the minivan, I don't even know where the minivan comes from, Stefan and I are gonna vampire speed to the right location and get Roars the fuck back.

----------------------------------

I'm Damon Salvatore, I'm never nervous, but right now, standing in front of the dirty white building in the middle of nowhere, I think I'm allowed to say I'm pretty nervous, I just don't want to find Aurora dead in the basement or something.

This little house is in long grass, prairie, field kinda thing. The grass is dead so it's like an orange-brown color. I break open the door, to my surprise the inside of the house is pretty neat.

When Stefan and I enter the house we're in a kitchen there's beautiful furniture, everything is white and clean. I poke Stefan's arm with my elbow and we head to the stairs, this is a one-floor house beside the basement.

We silently walk down the stairs. The door is locked. Just before I break open the door something hits my head. Hard. I groan and turn around. I see Stefan, he is holding a man around his neck, choking the man but not to a point where the man can die.

he gives me a 'worried Stefan look' and right afterward the man stakes him in his leg. Stefan groans and falls. Now it's my turn to handle the human male in front of me.

I tackle him and he falls to the ground. My hands are around his neck and just before I was going to end his pathetic life he mumbles something "you can't take her with you, if someone discovers what she is, she won't be safe" he chokes out.

I'm confused and distracted for just a second, he presses his thumbs in my eyes and I hiss in pain. Vervain. That motherfucker is so dead.

"Aurora will always, always be safe with me and no matter what you say I'll kill you anyway". "wait" Stefan groans, pulling the stake out of his leg. Snap. "Too late" I mutter. The lifeless body falls in front of me, glassy eyes looking at nothing.

"whatever" Stefan mumbles, already recovered. I break the door open and I start to cough. My lungs burn, my eyes burn, my skin burns, I scream in pain. Stefan does the same. I notice two evaporator sets, the guys must have gotten all crafty vaporizing vervain into the air. Stefan already ran out of the house but my eyes are fixed on a girl.

Such a pale girl, I could smell her Bodie, she was laying there, in a glass box filled with water and some plants. I couldn't help it, stumbling, half-blind, feeling pain in places I didn't know could feel pain. I took her in my arms, the water burnt my skin, even more vervain, I rip off the many needles tubes going into her skin.

Running upstairs I fell in the stairs. The girl didn't hit her head. Once I was outside and my skin didn't burn anymore I looked for Stefan he was standing there in shock, I should be thinking about drinking blood to have more energy but the only thing that I thought about was the fact that Aurora was lying dead in my arms.

---------------------------------------------------------

Elena was sobbing, Stefan was holding. My throat was dry, I wanted bourbon, actually, I wanted Aurora. Sitting there in the boarding house, was depressing.

There was something wrong, the man said I couldn't keep her safe, but she's already dead, how am I supposed to protect her. I can't even recognize Aurora, her skin is so pale her hair is messy and I can smell her rotting body.

Elena held Rory in her arms, Stef held Elena, I held a bottle of alcohol, I took a big sip and almost choked. The rotting smell disappeared.

Rory opened her eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rory gasped.