Negotiation | 談判 | ネゴシエーション

"Little brother, I require one of those long hugs where you forget everything that is happening right now~ ♡"

As I sat on the luscious-red carpet, bounded by this magical rope that my perpetrator had tighten around my body, her statement drifted into my mind. Maybe, a long hug was what I wanted at this exact moment. To forget all the shit this sadistic Elve Captain had attempted towards me a few seconds ago.

So when Lord Amae declared valiantly to the four infiltrators, my heart and soul warmed like a bonfire. Based on their immediate reactions, I knew they were no match against the Fallens. Certainly, not against the famed Demon Lord who wielded supreme magical power and reign absolute control over the most dangerous races across the Realms.

While I thought about the outcome, my mind gave silent thanks to my big sister for abandoning the campaign to save me. This meant I was her top priority, valuing my safety above all else. Amae's words were genuine. Of course, I never doubted her words to begin with. 

I will always trust in you, no matter what happens.

Sensing the anxiety enveloping the air, I asked Junna and feigned a nervous look:

"W-what are you planning to do now?"

"什麼他媽的-!," the female Captain ignored me and cursed vehemently in an unknown language, stomping her feet like a madwoman. The earlier composure was nowhere to be seen.

Indeed, no one could replicate the absolute elegance and sophistication such as my older sister. It was almost as if after witnessing true beauty, that all women had become duller in comparison. No one could ever replace my protector. If it meant staying with my one and only happiness for the rest of my life, I was willing to do whatever it takes to reunite.

"Captain! We should make a decision!"

"But..." Junna bit her lower lips and grunted. "I do not understand this spontaneous decision, Laslego... why did the entire army return to the encampment site? Why would they abandon this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?"

"It's unclear," the female subordinate replied with widened eyes. I could easily sense the raw fear in her frantic posture. "But there must be something valuable more than the mission itself... maybe a Magical Artifact that could influence a Realm..."

"Thirty seconds~"

To the infiltrators, it was the call of impending doom. But for me, it was big sister keeping true to her oath. A wave of calmness entered my body as I watched the chaotic discussion unfold.

Like a whirling breeze, the two male Elven warriors rushed back into the tent with alarming speed. Now wielding weapons in their tattooed hands, the edges of their scimitar displayed runic enchantment that made the blade glow a menacing crescent-green. The chubbier one harshly pulled the chained human girl stumbling behind him, rattling the sound of slavery.

Our eyes met gaze for a fleeting moment before the human called Clarice collapsed from the roughness. She yelped in pain but they were too panicked to care.

You'll pay for that later.

I promise.

"Captain! We are completely surrounded by the enemy... The escape path is also uncovered."

"My appraisal spells indicate we won't last twenty seconds if all of their Commanders attack."

As the two made their grim reports, the Elve that almost shot me earlier fell on her knees. Her entire body was trembling uncontrollably as she dropped her bow. Her voice mumbling some Elven phrase, which sounded like a prayer of hope. But in stark contrast, both of her eyes lingered in inexplicable hopelessness.