Cooking | 煮麵 | りょうりする

"I'm exhausted little brother, I need to recharge!~ "

My demon sister pounced onto me like a feral cat, pawing her hands lovingly at my cheeks. Her entire body pressed on top of me as she made a sound of satisfaction.

"How's your campaign?" I smiled as she held me in her loving embrace. For some reason, it felt like my big sister was working a nine to five job.

"V!"

She grinned and made a V-sign of victory with her index and middle fingers.

Although I ask about her conquest every night, she never dives into explicit detail. Tacitly, I knew from her facial expressions that she did not want to burden me with her difficulties. Knowing my position in this world, I doubt a human could help her in battle.

"Well done big sister." 

She smiled at my compliment and blinked drowsily.

To think Amae was this dedicated to actualizing our dream of being rulers, I could not even bear to imagine how exhausted she must be by now. And here I was, lounging at home leisurely while she burdened herself with a worldly task.

I heard soft breathing.

"Seems like you fallen asleep again," I caressed her head and admired her cute sleeping face. The soft strands of her silky black hair fell between my fingers.

You've been working so hard for us, big sister.

And now it's my turn.

♦ ♦ ♦

Whenever Amae fought on the frontlines, a catgirl maid called Neko was assigned to take care of me. She was the head servant of the feline race within the palace, also known as the Guardians.

"Where would you like to go after breakfast, milord?"

I chuckled nervously, still not used to the formality.

"Can you call me something else...?"

Neko shooked her head and bowed deeply, depicting her absolute loyalty, "That would be rude to the partner of my most exalted master. As her subordinate, it's only expected to address my superior properly."

I sighed. Everyone in the palace acted in a presumptuous manner. Although the monsters respected me, there were a few who doubted my position. One of them was Warwick — the offensive general in my sister's army.

Still, I had it with the potato soup here. It tasted plain, bland and reminded me of the trash cafeteria food back at school.

"Neko, where's the kitchen? I want to make something edible."

♦ ♦ ♦

"Are you making a potion for Lord Amae?"

One could almost see the question mark appear on top of Neko's head.

"Not exactly," I said, walking into the main pantry, surprised by the number of fresh ingredients available — all neatly labeled and sectioned. "I am cooking something hearty that will help alleviate her stress."

"A-meow-zing, I did not know such recipe existed," Neko nodded in reverence as if that was something deserving of praise.

It's insane how no one here knows how to cook.

That potato soup was literally just water and poorly-sliced potato...

"In my world, food is the way to people's heart," I washed my hands and began kneading the dough. "I used to be a chef so I want to lessen her weary heart through what I know best."