Adventure | 冒險 | アドベンチャー

"Let's start our grand adventure, little brother~ ♡"

Amae eagerly opened the grand doorway that led to the outside world.

A captivating scene captured my eyes.

Myriad of monsters, varying from all species and sizes, prepared their designated task on the palace's courtyard. Out of the countless creatures, the general of the Commanders — Warwick — stood out prominently. Maybe it was because of his golden-white panoply or how the werewolf was howling loud orders to his subordinates.

"He must be the drill sergeant of this world." 

"What is that title you speak of?"

Amae tilted her head and gazed at me curiously.

"I suppose it's like an instructor for the military. To train the army for combat... something like that."

I'm not exactly sure.

I wish I retained more knowledge about my world...

It'll be cool if I knew how to make a gun and help big sister out.

Too bad the only skills I am good at is cooking.

Standing next to the porch, Kai'Sa bowed and seemed to be waiting awhile. Her dark skin-tight suit captured the sheer fitness of her body. The expression she wore was an inscrutable one, radiating an aura of mystery and power.

"Lord Amae."

"Report."

"Mastermage Xy and the Archmage Council confirmed within the Citadel of Z. Encampment location is cleared. No signs of anomaly."

"Excellent scouting. Update other Commanders and conclude the final preparation. The Fallen shall begin their conquest after I take my little brother for a walk."

"Understood."

Kai'Sa glanced at the translucent watch on her left wrist, which depicted a hologram of fluctuating data and moving graphs.

"Optimal time for assault is during the peak of Duo Moon. I suggest striking when the High Elves are in celebration."

"An excellent suggestion," Amae nodded and waved her right hand. "Continue your duty and update as needed."

"Yes, Lord Amae."

With a reverent bow, Kai'Sa dematerialized into thin air, leaving several motes of purple light in her position before vanishing completely.

"What's Duo Moon?" I asked.

"At the realm where the Elves reside, two moons orbit their atmosphere alternatively. They consider it a holiday when both lunars are in the sky."

"Realm? Does this mean we are in a different realm since there's only one moon here?"

"Ara~ you're a smart boy." Amae patted my head approvingly. "Yes, every realm contains unique geographical rules. There are twelves realms in this universe and I govern three of them~"

Three realms?!

That sounds like a huge deal.

Does that mean Amae is the leader of three nations?

No, realm sounds more like a continent...

"Let us continue~"

"Yes, big sister."

The pristine-white staircase in front of us was wide and marbled, offering complete visibility of the whole courtyard that was the size of a stadium. Amae held my hand as we slowly descend.