Love | 愛 | あい

"D-dis a good day we havin' l-little bro... ♡"

Sitting directly across the dining table was my demon lord big sister, speaking in a weird accent. She maintained gaze as I carefully set our breakfast down — two hearty bowls of chicken noodle soup. Delicious and absolutely perfect on any chilly day!

"Uhm... Yes. It's not too bad but I can't wait for it to stop snowing." 

"Ah, you dislike Xue season?"

"It's nice to be comfy at home but I want to go back to Tai again. Maybe have Chef Mao try my food or explore the city... maybe even go another date."

"D-date...?" The corner of her lips twitched slightly, "I mean of course! A date. Yes. I shall notify my vassals and make immediate plans..." After sniffing my food like she always does, Amae's lips blossomed. "Your cooking smells delicious... and you're so cute..."

Immediately after, her eyes widened and averted gaze. Almost as if the last part slipped out on accident.

C-cute...?!

That was so out of the blue...

I tilted my head in confusion and focused on mixing my soup with a spoon. 

"Drink it slowly, big sister. I used Magic Yew Logs today so it'll remain extra hot for a good fifteen minutes."

"I shall..."

Ever since last night, the mighty demon lord seemed... off. Her voice had a higher-pitched, filled with random pauses and stuttering. Compared to her usual body posture and confident personality, she seemed way more reclusive. Not to mention the feathery wings behind her waist would flap restlessly when we talk.

What is my sister doing...?

Why is she acting so flustered?

"S-Speaking of which, your outfit the other day was cute too..." Amae scratched her head and paused for a brief moment. "Ah... Of course... I think you also look great today..."

Wait, what...?

"Y-Your hair looks nice and fluffy..."

Feeling overwhelmingly self-conscious, I brushed the side of my head.

I should probably wash my hair...

"That doggo pajama makes you look like a king pupper."

My cheeks grew warmer and warmer.

I can't eat when she's complimenting me... it's so embarrassing.

What happened to her?

"This soup is also good soup..."

"..."

Suddenly, Amae stood up. 

She grabbed the bowl and gulped the steaming hot soup down her throat. In mere seconds, the broth went from one hundred to zero. Amazing. I watched in utter shock as her face winced in discomfort while her majestic black-wings fluttered up and down rapidly. 

After a few seconds, her facial expression returned to normal.

LOL, she pretended it didn't happen!