Contract | 合約 | けいやく

"Little brother, let's form a contract. "

My demon big sister said as she led me to our private chamber. The bedroom inside was luxurious, filled with exquisite furniture that must cost a fortune. A massive bed extended across half of the room, topped with fine silk linings, fluffy blankets and dotted with throw pillows.

"Contract?"

My voice regained its functions while she took me on a tour around the palace. This bedroom was our last destination.

"Yes!" Amae placed her palms together, "In my world, contracts are the most sacred type of promises. The most common are Familiar Contract and Allegiance Contract, which I formed with my vassals. For us, it will be a Love Contract, an eternal vow stating we will be siblings beyond the end of time."

"How does it work?"

"The concept itself requires some magic knowledge so I'll save it for another day," Amae sat on the bed and beckoned me to join her. "But to fulfill the criteria, we will have to exchange fluids."

Fluids...?

My mind pictured the demon lord and I making love.

"I-I'm not sure if I am ready yet..."

Amae tilted her head with a confused look, "You're not ready for a kiss?"

I realized that my imagination was worlds apart to what she stated. As if reading my mind, a playful smirk spread across her face.

"Fufufu... Are you perhaps thinking of something naughty, little brother?~"

I averted my gaze, feeling my cheeks grow warm as she giggled playfully.

"The initial preparations are complete, ready?"

I'm afraid...

I paused for a moment and muttered softly.

"What if I am not good enough...?"

Memories of my past life shot through my mind.

I'm afraid... I will let you down.

I don't want you to hate me...

Amae held my hand and stared at me with a gentle expression.

"Everyone has things they are not good at, do they not? Even a demon lord like me who had lived over five hundred years have things I am bad with."

My big sister smiled tenderly and patted my head.

"And I know you are already doing your best. Even if you fail and feel like you are not good enough, I'll accept all your flaws. And one day, I hope you realize that you are good enough." 

In an assertive yet loving voice that I always remember. 

"Failure or not, I will always love you. ♡"

My heart trembled at those precious words. This was the first time that someone accepted me for who I was.

"Let's form the contract."

In a swift movement, a pair of magnificent black feather wings sprouted from her waist and wrapped tenderly around me, enclosing me into her embrace.