My Angel

"Fluttershy...?" I enquired, impatiently. Her face was a strawberry red and her gaze seemed permanently locked on the window to my left.

"Hello? Is anyone in there?" I went to touch her but pulled back immediately, unsure as to whether this was appropriate or not, and felt my cheeks go warm themselves.

"Oh!" She jumped up and patted down her long silky hair, half nervously. "Yes, sorry! I just... Y-you were saying?" She looked just below my eyes and then to the ground. Her hair fell like a curtain over her face, hiding its stil red colour.

"I, uh..." I had quite lost track of my thoughts. She looked so sweet when she was embarrassed. I hate to make stupid comments like that but her innnocence really made my heart skip a beat. Not that i have feelings for her or anything, it was just a comment! I brushed my fringe to the side in an attempt to calmly clear away the fog in my head.

"I just came to check if you needed any help!" I tried to revert back to my normal self and walked around a little. Cooler than a cucumber. "You know, with the pets..."

"The pets?" She seemed confused.

"Yeah!" I replied. Oh God, she's caught on. She thinks i'm a fool. Oh God.

"Oh! Sure!" Her face went from doubtful to slightly pleased with herself as she placed Angel on the counter and walked around with a little bounce in her step to stand next to me. 

"Here. You can start with..." She started to explain something to me but my mind drifted elsewhere. I couldn't remember why i came. It was so stupid. Another one of your stuid plans to get closer to-

"Rainbow? Did you hear? If you'd really like something to do you could start by sweeping all the leaves out the doorway. It gets so dirty in here in autumn... People being disrespectful just..."

She's off again. I love it when she finally relaxes and talks about the things she cares about instead of what she thinks the person on the other end of the conversation wants. I smile and lose my gosh darn concentration again. It's not like I needed it anyway.