Chapter 10: Evil's Truth

Începe de la început

"Finish him sir Motoyasu" Myne called out. That was it I couldn't hold it back anymore. Right as Motoyasu was going to finish Naofumi I appeared in front of him and stopped his attack. "It's over" I said I a deep voice. "Naofumi lost so get over it Y/N" Motoyasu said.

"No he won Myne just cheated and used wind magic to knock Naofumi off balance" I said. "What wait she cheated that's not fair" Naofumi said. "Come on someone other than me should have seen it" I said. All of the nobles didn't say anything they just had those looks on their faces. "Stop trying to defend that sore loser" Motoyasu told me.

"Both of you are scum so why should they listen to you" Myne and the king said. "I guess that means poor Naofumi is going to have to fight alone again" Myne said teasing Naofumi before laughing. "Shut your cheating whore mouth before I remove it" I said. "Easy there calm down Y/N" Motoyasu said.

The king made his way down and congratulated Motoyasu on his so called victory. Then he said something that intrigued me he said that his daughter Malty was smart at picking companions. Myne was actually Malty princess of Melromarc. It all made sense now Naofumi was set up from the start. I'm sure Naofumi realized that now as well.

She used him from the beginning she had no intentions of ever being his partner. Then it hit me if I had stayed with my party this same thing would be happening to me. This Myne no I mean Malty used Naofumi to gain favor with Motoyasu. The king knew this plan from the start and let it happen.

Things were all clear now Naofumi had no hope since the moment he came to this world. The king used his power to cover up everything and since the order came from the crown no one was going to question it. This duel itself was rigged from the start I knew this and did nothing could I of done something.

Malty played on Motoyasu's ego she must of told Motoyasu that Naofumi enslaved Raphtalia against her will. Motoyasu wanting to be the hero would do whatever to save the poor innocent girl. In actuality this duel was never meant to save Raphtalia it was another spiteful move against Naofumi to take away his only other ally in this world by the king and the princess.

I wasn't going to let them get away with it this time I was going to say something. I could sense a dark cloud above Naofumi's shield. It was evil in nature and it was connected to Naofumi's emotions.

One of the king's ministers declared that Motoyasu had saved Raphtalia. The audience began to demean Naofumi even further.  They called him a criminal, scum saying they didn't want him or need him. One person even demanded that Naofumi be executed. I could tell Naofumi was going to snap. So I stopped him "ENOUGH ALL OF YOU!!!" I yelled as loud as I could.

This got all of their attention they guards however continued to remove Raphtalia's slave crest. "You all are evil, you all have sinned against Naofumi" I said "the beasts are back and they will feast on your sins" I said. All of the nobles began to laugh I did however notice the king looked quiet.

Motoyasu went over to Raphtalia expecting praise instead he was met with a slap from the girl. All of the citizens were in shock at what they had seen. Raphtalia yelled at Motoyasu calling him a cheater and telling him that she never asked to be freed. Motoyasu was confused and a verbal confrontation broke out.

Motoyasu tried to defend his actions but Raphtalia had a rebuttal for all of them. Motoyasu was shaken by the lack of gratitude from Raphtalia. Motoyasu said that Raphtalia was a slave which meant that Naofumi was abusing and misusing her.

"You clearly know nothing about their relationship then you idiot, Raphtalia doesn't fight for Naofumi she fights with him" I said. "Y/N is right master Naofumi has never forced me to do anything I didn't want to he never used the slave crest to force me" Raphtalia said. Motoyasu didn't understand he slammed his spear on the ground "no should be forced to fight" he said.