-twelve-

Beatrice Prior was the first jumper, and she volunteered, Annabelle couldn't deny her surprise. When the Dauntless man asked who was gonna jump of the side of the building first , there was a silence. Annabelle began walking forward to the ledge saying "I'll go," however she was held back by her fellow Abnegation transfer, Annabelle changing her words to "She'll go,"

The only two Abnegation transfers wanting to go first, it was unheard of, and that's why the two left.

As soon as the blonde had jumped, Annabelle quickly took her place on the ledge, equally surprising the heavily tattooed and pierced Dauntless leader who stood watching.

"Two Stiffs in a row huh?" The Dauntless man walking along the ledge said, raising his eyebrows at the girl.

"Would've gone first, but she beat me to it,"

"What, no is there something down there?"

"You haven't answered anyone else's questions, why would you answer mine?" Annabelle replied not even waiting to ask if it was okay to jump before stepping off, and plummeting downwards into the hole she just saw from above. She wasn't scared, she knew something would be down there, they wouldn't kill them all off already.

As she landed on the net she couldn't help but laugh, her signature grin covered her face as she asked the man who pulled the net down if she could go again before even looking at him. But when she did, she immediately recognised the boy, it had only been two years since she last saw him. Her eyes lit up, as did his, when they met. Annabelle about to say his name when he interrupted.

"Four. My name's Four." He said, quickly and quietly, so only she heard. Annabelle furrowed her eyebrows at the name that was so different from his old one, but nodded and smiled at him, thinking to ask him about it later.

"I'm Anna." She replied, she'd always wanted to shorten her name, Annabelle was far too Abnegation.

"Second jumper, Anna!" Four yelled to a fellow Dauntless, who stood not too far away.

Four smiled at her before watching her walk off to join Beatrice, who told Anna, her name was now Tris. The two had never really talked despite being in the same faction. Parents warned their children to stay away from the dark haired girl, as she was a threat to their values, and clearly didn't belong in Abnegation.

Annabelle often felt guilty for being herself as faction members would often blame her parents for the way she was, even though they taught her every Abnegation value there was.

"First two jumpers are both stiffs? What happened to the world?" A voice yelled, causing Four to lightly laugh, and Anna and Tris to turn to where the voice came from.

"Trust me, we left for a reason." Anna replied, Tris nodding along while the girl who yelled smiled at them widely, most likely appreciating their courage and confidence.