-ten-

Annabelle was yet again pulled out of a peaceful trance as a tall, well built, briefly intimidating Dauntless shouted "Get ready,"

Annabelle's confusion ran through her as the teenagers in the carriage began to stand up, Uriah looked down at her smiling, before holding his hand out for her to take. A smile graced her lips in return, before she furrowed her eyebrows and opened her mouth to ask what was happening?

However, Uriah beat her to it as he answered "We have to jump off,"

"What? To where?" Annabelle rushed, wanting answers quickly because anytime now they'd have to 'jump'.

"Only off the train and onto a building," Uriah tried to reassure, "We can jump together if you're scared," He added teasingly to the Abnegation, who only scoffed in return, but let her hand remain latched with his as they readied at the back of the carriage, just waiting to run and jump.

As the people in front of them leapt to the building, Uriah lightly squeezed Annabelle's hand before the pair ran forward and out of the train door. They both rolled as the landed their hands breaking apart as they put them forward to stop the gravel from scratching their face.

Cheers were heard from the Dauntless initiates, who surrounded Uriah and pulled him up from the floor and towards the other end of the building. Annabelle quickly stood up herself looking over at the side where people were still jumping off the train. She decided to wait for some transfers to show up so she wouldn't feel out of place.

As she waited, Annabelle felt eyes on her, not like the states she was getting from Dauntless born questioning how she was there, but like a cold stare, that would most likely scare anyone. Annabelle decided to turn around to see who was giving her this stare, when her eyes met with the Dauntless leader stood at the edge of the building, probably waiting for all the other initiates to show.

The Dauntless leader raised his eyebrows at the Abnegation, his once cold feeling stare began to feel more like interest and intrigue. At this the transfer furrowed her eyebrows at him wondering what he was thinking. As she was about to walk over to him she heard someone shout her name. At the sound, Annabelle turned to see Beatrice Prior and a Candor transfer.

Beatrice ran to the girl and hugged her, which surprised Annabelle who didn't know how to act in return. "You made it," Beatrice said, as she pulled away from the one sided hug.

"So did you," Annabelle said smiling at her, before looking at the Candor and introducing herself.

Before the girl could respond a loud scream was heard followed by the cries of another - someone hadn't made it.