Chapter 22

"Oh my god Rene!"
Everyone in the cafeteria looked at me.
My old friends group hugged me and sat me down at the table making me talk about my experiences.
I didn't really tell them about the whole gang rape thing but I told them about Italy and meeting Cameron's sister and all.
"Hey gabs? Did captain gunthrie say anything about me?"
Gabs was Gabrielle's nickname.
"He didn't say anything but Master Sergeant Jones did. Go to his office."
I grabbed my bag and stood up.
"Did you still want me to join ROTC?" Cameron asked.
"Yeah! oh my gosh I so forgot about that! Come on..."
We went down the hall to the ROTC room. Cadets were practicing getting ready for upcoming competitions.
"Woah nixon your back! And I see you brought company."
He gave cameron a weird look.
Master sergeant is like the dad I've always wanted.
"Oh I'm sorry sir, this is my boyfriend Cameron. He would like to join as soon as possible."
"Boyfriend? How old are you son?"
"Just turned 18 sir."
He adjusted his gig line a little.
"Well I'm sure I could squeeze you in my class with Ms. Nixon here. You'll need a haircut by Thursday and should tighten up a little with your shaving. Go to guidance to have your schedule changed and I should see you in 7th hour. You'll get fitted and everything there and we can have a cadet or two show you the ropes. Sounds good?"
"Yes sir."
"Great, now get out of my office the bell is about to ring."
Cameron went to guidance to have his schedule changed while I caught up with some fellow cadets.
-7th HOUR-
"Ok so just stand here and look cute ok? I don't want you looking at me when I do this." I stood him outside the door as the class fell in.
Oh the joy of being commander of a class of nasty attitudes and navy wannabe's
"ATTENTION ON DECK!!!" I yelled as Master Sergeant entered the room.
It was a way of showing respect to anyone of high power in the school.
Cameron peeked in, smiling at me causing me to laugh.
"What ya laughing at Nixon?"
"Oh nothing sir... just your new cadet."
"Oh yeah, sit guys... we have a new cadet today. Come in kid!"
He walked in immediately making the girls shuffle around a little.
"I didn't even get your name, tell the class your name."
"Cameron... Giovanni sir."
"Nixon I don't know what you see in him."
He was just joking around... he has daughters and in his mind all teenage boys are ugly and rude.
"Come on Nixon! You're not dating him right?!"
Johnny shrieked.
"Yeah 3 months right cam?"
"Uh yeah 3? 4? something like that."
"Ok ok! Enough! Nixon go get him fitted and Johnny when they finish both you and Nixon teach him facing movements and the rules and everything else ok?"
"Yes sir..." Johnny and I said in unison.
Cameron followed me back to the uniform room where everything was.
"I'm giving you a haircut today and for your uniform your gonna need plain black socks and a white T-shirt."
"Woah haircut?! You cut hair?!"
"I took a class. I'm just gonna trim it a little. You need it anyway."
"Fine."
Hehehehe I love making him mad.
"And shave tomorrow. ok?"
"Yes ma'am..." he chuckled.
Now to the fun part!
"Your a dude,you have a penis... You keep your shirt tucked in and you will have a gig line. Now what size pants do you wear?"
"I don't know..."
"You're such a boy! I actually thought you would know this! Turn around..."
He turned around so I could check the size of his pants.
"30! god you're such a little boy."
"Try telling that to my d**k."
"That's small too. Now shut up and try these on."
I handed him a pair of the navy blue pants.
"It's too long... like my d**k."
"I swear if you keep making these d**k jokes I'm gonna punch you there! Looks like I'm gonna have to hem these for you. So now you really have to come to my house later."
Hopefully my parents aren't home.
"Is that a problem? Because you can just come over to my house and do everything. My mom has a sewing machine and all."
I dug around for a shirt that was around his size.
"Yeah I think that'll be better. Take your shirt off."
He slipped his shirt off revealing his yummy abs.
The shirt fit okay. I could go up a size bigger since it has to get tucked in.
"I have a very important question..."
"Yes?" I asked.
It better be important.
"What's a gig line?"
"A line."
I grabbed a belt and buckle to show him what it was.
"Ok so a gig line is this... the line all the way from the top of your shirt,"
I traced the line.
"Stopping at the crotch of your pants. It has to be in line with your buckle and zipper. Trust me it gets messed up easily."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah come on. Lets let Captain check you out."
Captain checked him out, he really liked the uniform on him.
He took it off hung it on a hanger and hung it up.
Johnny and I taught him facing movements which he sucked at, but in time it will get better.
"Thursday is uniform day. Wednesday is pt. Go buy a pt shirt,shorts,and uniform name tag from captain and your set." Johnny said while adjusting Cameron's uniform on the hanger. Eventually handing it to him.
-AFTER SCHOOL-
"Did you want to come to my house or no?" he asked as we walked down the hall to my locker.
"Uh yeah sure but let me call my mom first... give me your phone."
"Where's yours?"
"Dead. I was on Netflix in computer class."
He pulled out his phone handing it to me.
I called my mom but it went to her voicemail.
"Hey mom just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna go to Cameron's house to help him with his uniform and cut his hair. Anyways love you bye."
I grabbed a book out of my locker and walked outside to the bus loading area with cameron.
"Hey Rene?!"
Quincy ran up to me.
Quincy is like huge. Tall,dark, and round.
"Could you like bring me down the street to that restaurant?"
"You can ask the one driving not me."
"Who? Oh yeah you're dating Cameron."
He walked up to Cameron who was talking to some juniors.
I spent some time to catch up more with some of my friends.
"Ready babe?"
"Oooooo babe...." Lillian mocked.
"Yeah, are you still gonna drive Quincy?"
"Yes."
All three of us walked to the truck.
"So Quincy what do you do at the restaurant?" Cameron asked.
"Oh I'm training to become a chef. The culinary teacher at school has classes there and everything."
"Have you thought about where you're gonna work after you graduate?" he asked again.
"Yeah I was just gonna do simple things like work with small restaurants."
"Cameron what are you about to do?" I asked, concerned at what he was gonna say to Quincy.
"I was gonna ask him if he would like to work for us. You know when we get our house and all."
He's joking.
"I'd love to! what would the pay be?"
"What do you want? No number is wrong."
He's joking. He better be.
"2000 for 5 days?"
"Deal. We can talk more in about next summer."
We arrived at the restaurant.
"Thanks for the offer and also the ride. Have a nice night guys."
"Aw your welcome Quincy. If you ever need a ride again just ask." I said as he said his final goodbye and closed the door.
"Are you serious?!" I plucked him on the side of the head.
"Yeah. We're gonna live together. The house is already in construction. And if we don't move in it's not gonna be that hard to sell it. I put it in the perfect location.You wanna see it?"
"Sure."
He drove to the really expensive part of the city. Most of the houses in the area were a minimum of 3 stories tall.
He traveled down a gravel road. I could tell that trucks and other construction vehicles were coming through the area.
"And here's our house babe." he parked allowing me to look at the empty lot. The foundation was almost done and it was huge!
"What if we don't get that far?" I asked.
"I guess I'm gonna have to live in this giant house by myself, but I don't think that's gonna happen right?"
"Yeah."
He started driving back to his house.
"Why would you say something like that? You think I'm gonna leave you or something?"
"No Cam, it's just that we can't predict the future. I love you and you love me but I know we're gonna fight and I know we're gonna need space."
"So you're not mad? Because I don't want you to cut my hair if your mad."
I laughed a little.
"No I'm not mad I was just letting you know."
"Ok."
He drove to his house.
"Maaaaaaa!!!!"
Did he just really yell for his mom like that?!
"Cosa Cameroni?!" [what cameron?!]
"Go bisogno la macchina per cucire e le forbici untilizzate per tagliare I capelli papà."
[ I need your sewing machine and the scissors you use to cut dads hair.]
"I swear the next time you yell at me like that,"
She walked out of the kitchen.
"Oh hi Rene! I didn't know you were here. No wonder your yelling Cameron you're showing off!!! Do it again and ill close your bank account!"
"Fine."
She pinched his cheeks and went to the closet under the stairs.
"Wait Rene? did you want to use the good one or this one?"
"The good one is fine."
She led me upstairs to her craft room.
"Oh and before you ask, I make things... Now I just do this for fun most if the stuff I make usually comes out looking like crap.
His mom is the best!
I'm gonna go get the clippers be back in a jiffy!" she left the room.
"I love your mom cam."
He sat on the floor and laughed.
I began working on his pants.
"Cameroni I put the clippers on your bed in your room ok?"
"Ok."
She left again.
"Ha Cameroni!" I don't know why I laughed at that so much, it just doesn't fit him I guess.
"Leave me alone..." he stood up and almost walked out.
"Hey wait! Come back Cameroni!" he flipped me off before walking out the room going upstairs to his room.
"That's not nice you know... Thats a really bad word." I teased as I sat on the side of him, throwing his pants to the side of his bed.
"Yeah, it means I want to f**k you." he smirked, grabbing my waist pulling me on the side of him.
"No, you have to try these pants on."
"You really care about ROTC huh?"
"I love it! I could talk about the military all day!"
He stood up and put the pants on.
"Perfect! They look nice on you."
I j adjusted them at the bottom a bit.
"Ok good now lets go cut me hair."
----------------------------^-^--------------------------
Oh my god what did I just do?!
His hair was way different, like I know it's hair and it grows back but this just didn't look right.
"Ok don't get mad at me. This isn't my best work." I said, giving him a hand mirror.
"OH MY GOD!!!"
I waited for another reaction.
...
...
...
...
"Cam___,"
"I love it! It actually doesn't look any different to me. As long as you didn't give me like a buzz cut or something. but thanks babe. Now I trust you with scissors."
Yay he's not mad!
"Oh my god I seriously thought you were mad! Don't do that!"
I pushed him and stomped out the bathroom, flopping back on his bed.
"Are you mad at me?" he asked.
I could feel him hovering over me.
He started rubbing my sore back.
Ugh I'm turning into an old lady!
"You are really toned back here, how'd you do this?"
He grabbed my butt smacking it violently.
I know he did not just do that!
"Did you really just do that?!"
"Yes, problem?"
"Yeah I didn't give you permission to do that! You can only do that if we're like really in the mood!"
"Well I am." he scoffed flipping me over, pinning me on the bed.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"I want you to tell me what your gonna do to me when baseball season comes."
-_-
"Why don't I just show you..." I smirked pushing him off of me, leaning him on the headboard.
I slipped off his shirt, sitting in his lap.
"You are the best." he attempted to kiss me but I stopped him before he made things too intense. I've noticed that about him, he really likes stuff like this.
The sun began to set, making his skin golden.
I pecked his cheek, making him shuffle around.
I nibbled on his ear a little before eventually sucking closer to his collar bone leaving small hickeys.
...
His phone buzzed in his pocket as we kissed.
"Who is it?" I asked reaching for it.
"It's no one..." he tried to kiss me again.
"Who the hell is it?!"
He grumbled and pulled the phone out of his pocket again.
"From Stewart: Hey bro! Just wanted to invite you to my bday party! bring ya girl. It's at my house this Saturday from 8-2. Invite more people I wanna make this party awesome!"
"So Stewart is having a party?"
"Yeah, you wanna go?" he asked
"No."
"Good me either... I made a commitment to stay away from alcohol."
"Why?" well that came out stupid!
"Why what?" he chuckled.
"Why did you make a commitment to stop drinking?"
"It's a long story, you wouldn't wanna hear it."
"Actually I do..."
"Well it all started when I was in Italy a few years ago. The legal drinking age is like 16 over there so I was a really bad kid. Anyways, when I get drunk I'm either extremely out of control or passed out in a corner. Sometimes I can sorta make out what I do but not all the time. So, I got drunk one weekend, got in a fight, and ended up in jail for three days after beating the crap out of someone who was feeling up on some girls at the party. After that, my parents wanted to get as far away from Italy as possible so we expanded the business and moved here..."
That wasn't too bad.
"So you're a bad boy?" I snuggled up to him more.
"I can when you want me to be. By the way, I will tell you anything you want to know about me, because after tonight. I think you already know a lot about me."
He put me in his lap again.
"Is there anything you wanna know about me?" I asked, laying on his chest.
"Yeah, is there anything you've ever wanted so badly in life that you would do anything for it?"
"You..." was all I said before I fell asleep in his arms.
A/N so hi guys I don't know what happened in this chapter but the next one will hopefully be ok. I'm sorry I probably won't be able to update that much next week since semester exams are coming and I'm so close to straight A's, but thanks guys for getting me over 7k reads I really appreciate it.
..............................Share..............................
...............................Vote................................
...........................Comment...........................