Chapter 9

~RENE'S POV~
Cameron opened the door to his house letting me walk in first.
"Rene?! what are you doing here?!" I recognized my stepdads voice anywhere.
"Nothing I was just about to leave." I turned to walk back out the door but was stopped by cameron.
"And who's that boy?!"
Yep he's pissed.
"I'm cameron sir. This is my house."
His face made an O.
"Wait what?! Why didn't you tell me that this was the place?!"
"Because you didn't need to know! Lets go. I can't afford to talk to these people."
What does he mean?
Cameron stopped my stepdad before he walked any further.
"Wait...where's my dad? He shouldn't have over charged you for anything."
"Yeah he did like 20,000 dollars actually!"
Wtf
My mom walked up. "what's going on James?!"
"We can't afford the house it's too much!"
God he's sooooooo annoying!
"Wait don't go. Please sit." cameron motioned for my parents to sit in the living room.
"Ma?!"
"I'm in the kitchen!"
Cameron brought me to the kitchen where his mom was standing.
She was beautiful. long brown hair. green eyes like cameron,and a smile that was contagious.
"Hi sweetie... you must be Rene. cameron has told me some things about you and he was right."
Wait what did he tell you?
"Ummm thanks I guess."
"Would you like to stay for dinner?" she asked.
"Ummmm my parents are gonna get mad at me if I stay."
"Don't worry about them they can stay too. Carl needs to talk to them more. He made a mistake with something."
See this is why my stepdad needs to calm his tits.
"Cameron go check on your father. He may need some help." cameron went to his dads office which was outside in a large building probably bigger than my house.
"I'm sorry sweetie I didn't introduce myself. I'm mrs Linda and Cameron's father is mr. Carl. " she hugged me which I thought was weird.
I walked into the living room where my parents were sitting. "why?" my stepdad gave me the death glare.
"Why what?"
"Why did you get us stuck in this mess?!"
No you got yourself stuck in this crap not me b**ch!
"I didn't do anything. you told me nothing so how was I supposed to know that Cameron's family owned this business!"
"Don't yell at me!!!"
I rolled my eyes in disgust.
"You have no idea what I went through to get this far and now you're ruining it! Go sit in the damn truck! were leaving!"
I stomped out Cameron's house going to my stepdads stupid gold truck.
They followed behind from a distance.
"You're forbidden to talk to that boy until they give me a better price on this house."
Why am I in the middle of this?! I didn't do anything.
My mom spoke.
"And for you to stop talking to that boy you're going to stay with your grandmother until we figure this out."
"But that's not fair! How am I gonna go to school?! I have to finish school here."
"You're gonna go to the local high school there. Monday is your last day here, your going Tuesday."
I couldn't say anything if I did they would make me stay longer. I should just accept the fact that I'm staying with my grandma.
She needs my help.
"Can I still stay registered at the school?"
I asked.
"Yeah."
The rest of the ride home was silent.
Maybe my parents think I'm gonna convince cameron into charging my parents nothing for the house.
That can't happen though. Mr.Carl made a mistake! a simple mistake!
~CAMERON'S POV~
"Dad?! Susan where's my dad?"
She replied, "he's in his office."
I ran to the back where my dads office was. our house was like a business and a home combined. Every weekday people would come to file papers and do business crap.
Susan, is my dads personal assistant. She works everyday except Sunday.
"Dad?!"
"Yes,son?"
"We have to do something about their house we can't loose another customer!"
He sighed, "I know that's why I want you to work on this one. I misplaced the paperwork and I can't find it. I know they were overcharged 20,000 because of a simple human error. Now, if i can find the paper they won't have to pay nothing but 4,000 for a plumber and electrician." he stood up from his chair allowing me to sit down and search the giant binders full of paperwork.
2 HOURS LATER...
"I found it! I actually found it!