Chapter 23: Revilation

Start from the beginning

"Nori, see if ya can find and intercept them wherever they went. Bofur come with me, we will sneak in and grab Mr. Baggins. Bifur and Bombur protect Ms. Sara. Don't let them take her away." With this, the group split. Sara climbed to the top of the large rock in front of her and got a face full of snow. She had just finished wiping her face when she was struck again. Growling in frustration she looked for the source of the attacks.

"Ms. Sara here," called Bomber tossing her several snowballs. She caught them and turned her attention to the snowfield littered with boulders, looking for her assailant. She thought she saw movement behind one other the rocks but no one showed themselves. Tossing a snowball in a high arch she was pleased to see it land behind the chosen rock and was further gratified to hear a dwarvish curse. Moments later there was a thwump and Sara felts snow and ice slide down the front of her coat and shirt beneath her chin. Bifur poked his head up to looking and ducked again just in time to avoid being hit. Sara stood inching forward to the edge of the rock trying to get a better view. She saw Dwalin and Bofur sneaking toward Dori, Ori, and Gloin who were manning the enemy base, but where were Thorin, Fili, and Kili? She was about to toss another snowball behind the rock where she thought she saw someone when she felt a cold wet splat on the back of her head. Confused, she turned and looked behind her.

"Watch out," warned Sara, but it was too late. While they had been distracted with the assailant in front of them, Fili and Kili must have snuck up behind them, for just as Bifur and Bombur looked up the two princes dropped their beach ball-sized snowballs onto the cousins.

"Little sister," called Kili in a sing-song voice. "We've come for you." Sara spotted Nori sneaking up on them from behind.

"You haven't got me yet," she taunted, just missing Fili's ear with a snowball. He grinned tossing a snowball up and down in one hand.

"I would not be so sure of that Sara," replied Fili smirking. With his empty hand she saw him make several covert hand signs to someone behind her, but when she turned to look she saw no one. As she turned around again Fili and Kili pummeled her in the chest with several snowballs knocking her backwards off her rock just as Nori spring at them from behind. Sara's heart froze as she felt herself fall backward and she braced to hit the ground, but it never came. Instead, she felt someone catch her and she opened her eyes to see bright blue ones looking smugly down at her.

"You!" she accused pushing at Thorin's chest. "You were the one hitting me with snowballs!"

"Distraction is a useful tactic in battle Ms Sara," he replied, setting her on her feet but keeping a tight grip on her wrists. "Now that I have our captive, I need only return you to our our base." He began to pull her struggling after him. They had made it some distance when she had an idea and she let herself drop to sit in the snow. He looked down at her, an eyebrow raised. "You think this will prevent me from taking you back?"

"It's worth a try," she said, hoping he would take the bait.

"It is a childish and ineffective ploy," he said releasing her wrists and bending to pick her up. Quickly she grabbed his forearms pulling him forward and rocked backward using her legs to flip him up over her and into the snow beyond. She got to her feet quickly and stood over him just outside his reach.

"I don't know," she said giving a false shrug. "Seems to have worked pretty well on you."

He stared up at her. "I forget you are capable of such tricks," he said breathlessly, his eyes dilating despite the light reflecting off the snow around them.