2.

عشق پر زور نہیں ہے یے وہ آتش غالبجو لگائے نہ لگے اور بُجھائے نہ بنے- مرزا غاؔلب‎

جو لگائے نہ لگے اور بُجھائے نہ بنے
- مرزا غاؔلب

Love.

Such a small word and emotion that stayed between two people often, but in their world, it was a crime, a crime punishable by death. Because love made you kinder, moral, selfless... These were the weapons that were too lethal for their faction. They were assassins,  looters, corrupters, murderers... everything but lovers.

"You have a death wish." She stared at the black screen stealing her gaze away from his onyx eyes. Everything around them was veiled into darkness, just like the way it masked their destiny and hereafter.

"There is only one person who can kill me." His deep voice quietly sliced through the darkness making her shiver again.

Both of them knew who that person was. Her. She was cut like a diamond... pressured and crushed under brutal condition. He'd never seen one like her amongst them. She was the lone star who held her heart alive when everything around her was stone cold and dead.

"Why didn't  you kill me that day?" He was crossing limits today which would only throw them both in danger. She could feel his eyes on her. His words laced around her like a chain, locking her in that moment. "I knew you left those black roses at the hospital. You wanted me to know that you came to see me."

"I was simply returning a favor." She looked away to her left side. Her long hair cascaded on her right, giving her a moment to control her beating heart as he finally voiced the secret between them.

He'd leave her a black rose every day throughout the highschool. He let her know that she wasn't the only one with a heart in her chest. That they were burning together in this hell. Seven hundred and twenty-eight roses. They were still there, dried and hidden between the pages of numerous books in the basement of the hell she called home.

No, she couldn't handle this. Her walls cracked whenever she looked in his eyes but never had they exchanged words in the twenty-four dark years of their life.  She kneeled forward to jump off the Raptor, but he had his hand around her wrist in a flash of a second.

Her hand curled into a fist with the burn of his touch. The first time they dared to touch. They were sinners, but his touch felt holy on her skin. She found comfort in the touch of her killer. Oh, the irony of their fate.

"Was it just a favor?" His whispered caressed her cold skin. Her spine straightened like a steel rod as she froze in her space.

He was crossing lines. The lines she had drawn for herself because beyond these line was comfort... the addiction to feel human, and if she crossed it once she'd never want to return, except if she did it would be in a coffin. The need to feel human was deadly for her because it'd lead both of them to death. But wasn't she dead already?  Cold and dead.

"Look at me, Farah." His words were doing the work of an axe on the walls she built for herself. And then there was that lingering warmth between all the cold she'd known her life. She slightly turned her head, merely looking in to the eyes that were so dark without any hope, just like how doomed they were. "Was it just a favor?"

She could feel everything crumble around her. That's why hope and warmth were deadly. A small flicker that could burn everything, including them. And the fact that her heart betrayed all cautions, and trusted his words without a doubt. For all she knew, it was his way to kill her. Throw her a glimmer of light and let her poison it for the rest of her life. Let her grieve and wish few more moments of humanity. Like a bone thrown to a dog and then snatched right after.

"No."

For the first time she heard her own voice waver because she knew her one word sealed their destiny. Now, the ball was in fate's court and fate only played cruel games with brutal terms. The only question here was who'd reach the end first and kill the other?
Because love in their world meant killing your lover or be killed at their hands. So will it be Ibrahim pulling the trigger right through her heart or will it be Farah pulling his heart out with her bare hands and feeding it to wolves?