• ۴ •

There are going to be ridiculously stupid and embarrassing mistakes so please forgive me as I m half asleep and can't handle editing" at the moment

Please vote and comment!

///////////////

Humans are the epitome of disappointment and heartbreaks. They make you believe in hope, love, roses, and rainbows. That when you fall in love all will be rosy and sunshine. But at the end of the day, humans are just vessels... either of inflicting pain or burying within

Maher

After all, he was a mere human. His bones and flesh made of same pain and betrayal. It was in his nature to break her apart so brutally. He must have had a good laugh as he tore her apart piece by piece. How foolish was of her that she believed he was falling in love with her. That he pursued her because he was drawn who she was.

Who was she to blame him? She should've known Maher was another Ahad, albeit a gentler form, still the same. She had done this to herself thinking her damaged heart could somehow be salvaged and that too through a man's heart. How stupid.

"Meeru?" Amina's voice was merely above a whisper as she entered in the darkness of the room. The bed dipped as she sat behind her. "Ameera." Her younger pushed away the straying hair on her face, but her gaze stayed still on the paintings covered with a white cloth. "He's here again." Amina carefully treaded on to the subjected as usual, but it was as if she was talking to a wall.

Ameera's eyes didn't waver from the cloaked paintings. Her body shivered every time he was remotely mentioned around her. A castle of love she made with sand and now it was gone with one slaught of a wave. In a heartbeat, he had her dignity and her heart in scraps pilled at her feet.

"It's been two months, love. At least just hear him once instead of locking yourself away."

She didn't have words... nothing to say to him. She was bereaving the fact that she had fallen in love with him on the same night, he broke her heart. Fate and Maher, both must be having a good laugh at her.

"At least give him one chance to hear what happened."

Love happened to her in the most tragic way. She was wronged by her fate yet again. Ahad took her father away from her... but Maher... damn it... he took away one thing that held her together. One thing she found solace in. With broken pieces of her heart, she also lost the solace she found in painting. Every time she held the brush, she remembered that night with him. The curve of his lashes as his eyes focused on his canvas. The way he furrowed his eyebrows when he was deciding which color to pick. Every time she pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as they slipped and he wiggled his eyebrows at her. All that paint he splattered on himself more than the canvas. And the way she so freely with all her heart painted and spoke in the softest words. and he looked at her as if she was the center of the world at the moment.

But she remembered nothing of that when she picked up the brush. It was all his lies that flashed on her canvas. She remembered his betrayal when she refused and prayed to all Holy that Ahad was lying, but he stayed still and the silence in his eye spoke of the betrayal.

Her younger sister, as usual, turned around with her usual fallen face. There were no words she could say or have the courage to meet him. Her own voice had gotten lost in a shattered pile of her self-esteem and tears of her love. He damaged her way worse than what Ahad had done to her.