Chapter sixteen

Hello my readers, i have another chapter for you and its a special chapter for last friday only to accidently delete it (i almost cried) so i had to re-write it on paper then type it up hahaha i have been in such a great frame of mind lately and i cant wait to write more so here is the latest chapter! enjoy and comment, vote, follow or just read :D

********************************************************************************************************

As the last notes rang out across the room and I was transported back to the world of the living I was shocked to look at my group of friends they were all staring wide eyed and open mouthed at me causing me to frown and feel slightly uneasy.
"What?" I asked not understanding why they were all staring at me without saying anything all looking bewitched.
"Trim did you know about this?" Drew questioned I looked at Trin who was shaking her head, eyes still wide and mouth opened.
"What?" I demanded but was ignored again.
"I never heard it before" she murmured looking at me like I belonged on another planet.
"Why didn't you ever tell us?" Trin asked
"Tell you what?" I almost yelled getting creeped out. Steph was cuddled beside Chloe, Amanda on chases lap and drew was beside Dean, Trin was sitting beside me but I was the only one standing the microphone in my hand began to feel awkward and I put my hand on my expanded stomach not liking their silence or lack of words.
"Your voice" steph whispered. I rolled my eyes.
"Oh that, yeah it's terrible I know. I couldn't understand the grade I got in music when I did that film clip" I shrugged relieved that it wasn't something else.
"You sang that?"drew squeaked I nodded.
"We were supposed to weren't we? He said do a cover of your favourite song" Drew nodded
"No one did though they found people singing it on YouTube. The teacher allowed us to all do it considering we all had terrible voices. How could you think of your voice as terrible? Your voice is amazing" I frowned and backed away. Then laughed to break the tension I felt.
"No, it isn't" I looked at the ground starting to feel very uncomfortable about them all looking at me; I saw Trinity’s feet came into view and I knew that she had stood up.
"Babe listen" she ran her hands across the karaoke machine and suddenly the song I had just sung was replaying and my voice was singing and I froze. It was... Different, sad and melancholy; yet hauntingly beautiful.
"That's not me" I whispered but knowing it was. The microphone dropped from my hand and I backed away from them all.
"No" I whispered and left the room. Gymnastics were all I was good at, it wasn't this... Months of talking with Keith and not finding anything, no talents, no interests and it all came to this?

I opened the door and left the house walking to the front fence I allowed the cool breeze to whip my hair around my face obscuring my vision and bringing tears to my eyes which I quickly wiped away. I felt her before I heard her. She always had this presence that made me crave for her touch she stopped just behind me like she was scared about how I would react. This is where I once again cursed my hormones.
"Darcie?" Trinity whispered I shook my head wiping the tears from my eyes again.
"I used to sing when I was little you know? Even wanted to learn the guitar but Cynthia ruined that for me, told me I was terrible that no one would want to hear me she told me that so many times that it was all I heard and finally I began to believe her, so I stopped talking for months. It wasn't until Richard introduced me to gymnastics that I began to speak again the funny thing was he hadn't even noticed that I had stopped talking  in the first place" Trinity's arms wrapped around me, pulling me into her and kissed my cheek.
"They weren't parents honey, a parent tells their child when they want to pursue something in life that they will support them no matter what, encourage them never tell them that they can't be what they want to be" I rubbed my stomach feeling my baby kick into my hands and vowed I would do that for him or her.
"You’re truly amazing" she whispered kissing my earlobe before gently nipping it.

“How am I amazing?” I asked not understanding at all I turned around so I could see her face, she had this look that made me think of an adult trying to get a child to understand something.