Chapter Seven

Hello fellow wattpadians, sorry i took so long to update, i havebeen dealing with personal issues, and our interenet kept screwing up. was a nightmare but im back and i will try and upload as soon as i can. Enjoy! 

**************************************************************

I was on pins and needles all day waiting for the call from Daciana that never came. Drew and Amanda were equally as worried and at lunch we had enough of waiting. We got into Amanda’s car and drove over to unlucky thirteen to ask Camille where Daciana lived.

“Hello Trinity, skipping school again?” she asked with a twinkle in her eye. I barely smiled she picked up on our moods instantly then she noticed that Daciana wasn’t with us.

“What happened?” she questioned taking the apron off her top and yelling for the worker cleaning tables to take over.

She indicated for us to follow her and she led us away from the room out into the storage room.

“Daciana’s dad called today said that he wanted to speak to her. We haven’t heard from her since. Last time she saw him he was hitting her and screaming that she wasn’t his daughter” I finished something was wrong. We all knew it; it was Camille who told us why.

“Veronica got bail today” she whispered then ran from the room we all followed. “Drew call the police and tell them to go to Veronica Thatcher’s house. Trust me they know the place” she got in her car and we all piled in.

“I had a bad feeling all day like an itch under the skin” she muttered and began to drive. Camille looked at me in the passenger seat.

“That child has been through enough. This is it; if they hurt her so help me god I will kill them. The police will come and take them away. We get her stuff out and we go” she muttered.

We arrived there ten minutes later the police were already there. Pulling Veronica, Daciana’s dad and another man away with them. I got out the car and ran up the steps and into the house calling Daciana’s name. Running up the stairs I flung every door open until I found her. She was lying on the bed pulling the sheets over her naked body. A police woman was sitting beside her obviously trying to calm her down. I ran to her and pulled her to me. She clung onto me but didn’t cry.

“I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have come. I just hoped that he would be my dad” she whispered. The woman walked out the room giving us space.

“It’s ok, baby it will be ok” she shook her head against my shoulder.

“No it won’t. What will we do now? They are both gone my brother, oh god I forgot about him”

She got up quickly and went for her clothes.

As she got changed I saw the red marks on her skin where she had been held down. As she put on her top she spun around to reveal hickies on her neck as well as finger marks. I wanted to kill the bastard who had done it to her but the look on her face made me stay where I was.

When she was fully dressed Camille came in.

“I’m so sorry” she cried hugging her. Daciana hugged her back but she kept her eyes opened. Like she was seeing something else.

She pulled back and looked at me.

“Can you find Amethyst for me? Camille we need to get Lucas. We need to leave this place” she pleaded running from the room and going three doors down to where an infant lay sleeping. Daciana pulled the blanket back over him and began packing his clothes in suitcases she found in the cupboard. The police tried to talk to Daciana saying that she had to come down to the station to make a statement but she wouldn’t budge. Finally she yelled.