Chapter 36

Pulling up to the main carpark of the hospital I can see Ryker standing over by the edge of the main doors, furiously texting on his phone and I can only imagine that he is probably fending off Ariel's a million questions that she has after I gave both her and Carrie the abbreviated version of what was going on. I can only imagine that Slater is probably getting the same treatment atm as Carrie had a few pressing questions that I could not even answer.

I quickly picked up my phone and purse while hopping out of the car and making my way over to him. There was something about him that just did t look right other then the fact that he looked stressed  as his head shot up from probably hearing my footsteps approaching.

"Amelia, follow me" was all he said in a low voice as he slipped his phone in his pocket and made his way through the doors. For a bulky man he had quite a stride on him as I found myself having to hustle to keep up with him.

Looking around, I noticed that most people gave him a wide birth as he went to cut through the crowd in the emergency waiting room and headed through the doors. No one even bothered to stop or ask him where he was going as he navigated down the narrow hallway to what looked like a second waiting area.

Making his way over to some chairs against the wall all I saw was Cole who stood up and moved towards me.

"Oh my God Michelle, it is so good to see you again." Cole said. I went to move back to say 'what the heck are you on about' cause I remembered that Drew had a cousin named Michelle when we were growing up but I had no idea why he was referring to me as her, but he pulled me in a little tighter and whispered in my ear "I'll explain it all soon".

Letting me go, I started to feel really confused as to what was going on but I took the seat next to Cole while he fished his phone out of his pocket.

"I got some messages from mum, she said she is still quite ill" Cole advised as he gave me his phone and I realised that the messages that he wanted me to read were from a private number.

Pres: Only go with Ryker and don't wear your kutte.They will only let his family in to see him at the moment. Holden rung Amelia and she is on her way, he figured she would be the least known person in this town atm that maybe able to pass off as Drew's only living relative. 

Handing back the phone I begin to realise what was going on and the fact that Holden knew that we would most probably be questioned if we showed that we looked out of place or were even connected to a motorcycle club, especially being that Drew had been shot.

Looking around, I ask Cole "Has there been any news?" Cole leans back and says "We don't know much at the moment, just that he is in surgery and that they will let us know as soon as he is out."

Nodding, I realise that there would not be much information yet until he was in a somewhat stable condition. Leaning back in the chair, I took in my surroundings, making note of who else was therew.

I noticed a nurse over by a long desk that we passed who was working on a computer and two woman sitting in on a bench seat over on the opposite wall. To my right was a large set of doors that I could only assumed led to the main floor and wards.

"Family for Darryl Bishop" said a doctor who had entered via a large door to our right. The two woman stood up and made their way over to him. He held the door open and got them to enter into the room he was standing in.

I used this moment to follow them with my eyes to see if I could see anyone in the next room and realised that I was right in thinking that the door led to the main thoroughfare for the wards, As the doors went to close, I caught a glimpse of a police officers uniform and realised that there maybe an issue with this plan. Should Tex Bryson show up, then this plan will be blown as he knows exactly who I am.