Chapter 7

Present day.

As I dry my body and slip on my sports bra and undies, I make my way over to my room to grab some clothes.

I jump as I see Xavier sitting on the end of my bed. He looks up straight away and I quickly grab a towel to cover myself.

"What are you doing in here." I spit.
"I said I would wake you up when he woke up." Xavier replies.

He has not taken his eyes off me since I entered the room. It's like he is looking up and down my body trying to work something out.

"Where did you get that scar?" He points to my torso. He must had seen it before I had covered myself up. It's about 20 cm long and runs from just under my breast to the side of my belly.

"The Middle East." I say as I walk into my closest and pull on some pants and a shirt.  When I come back out he has not moved from the edge of my bed and he is watching my moves as I continue to get ready.me. I don't even give him a sideways glance as I walk past him and head to my door. He gets up and follows me out of the room.

As we make our way to the surgery room I can hear voices. Oh god, Seth. What is he doing here so early. I rush in and see him standing there questioning Cole on why they are here. Cole is Xaviers best friend and has been with the Wanderers since he was a teenager. He's a nice bloke just a bit cocky when he's asked questions that he does not want to answer.

"Seth, it's ok." I say as I enter the room. "Head into the kitchen and I'll talk to you later."

Seth gives me a look like he is not happy about what is happening but he slinks his head and make his way past me out the door.

"Sorry Cole, but you can understand why he would be so inquisitive." I say to Cole to hope to calm him down. Cole just nods and rubs my shoulder. "Good to see you back Amelia." he says as he goes and sits down.

I make my way over to Ryker who is quite responsive as well as thankful for me helping him out. I do an obs check and then look at my handy work.

"OK, I am happy for you to be moved but it will need to be in a car and not on a bike. You will need to rest for at least a few days or try to not move that shoulder too much. I'll give your some antibiotics along with some pain relief. I want to see it in 5 days to check the stitches and how it is healing. Do you have any questions for me?" I say to Ryker.

"No Ma'am, just Thank you so much for this. I promise to stay out of trouble and let this heal." Ryker replies while giving me a Scouts salute.

I laugh at his attempt and move his hand to show him how to do a proper salute. He laughs and I even hear Xavier chuckling behind me.

As I go to get all the medications, Xavier follows me. "Umm Lia, can I borrow your car?". I continue to pack a box with what I need as I feel myself starting to get angry.  I can not believe it, he probably wants my car so that he can get rid of the evidence from the shooting.

"Why? There is no evidence from the shooting at the ferry terminal in it." I reply without even looking at him.

"Lia, I can't believe that you would think that is why I need your car." He says. I stop what I am doing and turn to look straight at him with one of my eyebrows raised as if to say 'Really?'.

He runs his hand through his hair and says "Ok, Ok, so I probably too would had thought that but its not for that. We only came on bikes, so to move Ryker I need a car and I don't have access to one right now."

I give him the medications and tell him to wait there. I then head into the kitchen where Seth and Mae are now talking. Mae has probably got him up to speed on what has happened. Seth straight away puts the cup down when he sees me and starts "OMG Amelia, you could get into serious trouble, what were you thinking. OMG!" he keeps going on and on about it.

"Seth, just wait. We can talk this out later but right now I need to give Xavier my car and they will be leaving." I reply. Seth nods and goes to make himself another coffee.

I head back in to see Ryker is up and moving. I give Xavier the keys and say 'You break it, you brought it." He smirks "Thank you Lia."

They all head out of the back of the surgery. Xavier pushes his bike up beside the back wall of the garage and then gets into my car to reverse it back. He has to change the seat setting cause his long legs are up around the steering wheel when he gets in. I explain to him that the clutch has an issue and that if he goes easy on it, he should not have an problem. I had been meaning to get it looked at but I hardly need to drive anywhere, so I keep forgetting to book it into the garage.

Ryker gets in and thanks me again. "I'll bring it back this afternoon. Use my bike if you need to go anywhere." he calls out as Ryker shuts the door and he drives out.

"What! No way Xavier!" I yell but he just smiles at me and drives away.

That crafty mother fucker has taken my car and left me his bike. I don't even know how to ride a bike. I curse myself as I go back inside.

I can hear that the boys are up and Mae is getting them breakfast. I also hear Willow gasping as I can only assume that Mae & Seth are telling her all of what she missed last night. The one thing I know about Willow is that a bomb could go off and she would still sleep soundly.

I plonk down on the end of the breakfast bar as the boys head out into the living room with their breakfast.

"OK dear, I think we need to have a team meeting." Mae says as everyone else pulls up a chair so that we can discuss a few home truths about why we ended up in the situation that we did last night.