Chapter 33

Remembing that I still had the guys in the surgery, I school my thoughts and guide Xavier towards the double doors.

Before we go in, I turn around and face him. "OK Xavier, before we go in there, I need you to keep an open mind and just listen."

He stares at me with a quizzical look and I worry that he is going to completely ignore what I have said and go in there guns blazing and all but instead, he nods his head and leans down to to peck me on the lips.

"I promise to behave as long as you are safe." He says as he pulls back and ushers for me to open the doors.

As if they can hear the doors open, the guys are standing in the middle of the room with a look that they already knew who was with me and what had just transpired.

Xavier lets out a gasp because he must had noticed Drew and I turn to let him go past me so that he can approach him.

"Hello Brother, it has been a while." Is all Drew gets out before Xavier lifts his arm and punches him in the face.

"You fucker, when were you going to tell me that you had finally surfaced and were back in town. It's been years!" He roars as he goes to punch Drew again.  Drew just seems to stand and not put up a fight as Xavier goes to lay into him again.

Worrying that this might get out of hand, I grab Xaviers elbow and swing him around so that I can place myself between the two men.

Drew is rubbing and adjusting his jaw when he says "I deserved it Lia, let him get it all out."

I swivel around and glare at Drew whispering for him to 'shut up' cause the last thing we need is for Xavier to loose his shit in my office.

Holden must think that this is a good time to speak up as he comes towards us three and says "Xavier, I understand that this is not an ideal reunion but there is a lot going on that we all need to talk about."

Xavier turns to look at Holden and I quickly remind him that he promised to behave. He grunts and moves to take a seat on the armchair near my desk. He drags me with him and then when he sits, he pulls me down to sit on his lap, pulling me in so tight, that I can feel his fingers digging into my hips but I zip my lip and suffer the consequences.

Xavier moves so that I am leaning into him as he begins the conversation with "What is going on?"  I don't even pay much attention as Holden takes the lead and begins to explain what is going on, what he does and how Drew is involved.

I continue to half heartily listen while I look up and watch Xaviers face. He has changed so much from when we were teenagers. He has this way about him that commands your attention and not matter how much you try to defy it, I still feel helpless to obey his every word.

I can see why everyone in town has taken to somewhat fearing him. Even though I am sitting in his lap, I can feel the authority that he holds rolling off of him.

So far he has kept his word and is behaving. I am actually surprised that he has not interrupted them once. Holden goes to move the laptop screen and I think to myself that I don't want to see the video again, so I excuse myself and go to slide of Xaviers lap.

He holds me a little tighter, but I shake my head and say "I've seen it, I'll go and get you guys something to drink." He nods and loosens his grip on me so that I can get up and make my way out of the surgery.

When I get to the kitchen, Mae is there with the kettle on but I can see that she has also pulled down a bottle of Bundy and some small glasses as they are sitting on a tray on the island bench.

Hearing me coming in she says "I figured your guests would need refreshments. Did I actually hear Drew's voice?" She pulls out some mugs and places them on the tray.