Scene 12- The push in the 'right' Direction

Začít od začátku

"Must be weird," I say, still looking at how Angelina hugs one. 

"I never know if it is Fred or George. Like who is she hugging?," he drinks some orange juice. 

"I wouldn't know either." 

Oh and how I know that she is hugging George.

"Anne?," Cole taps me at the shoulder. 

"mh?," I finally look at him, he points at my hand, slowly blood is running from it, I don't feel the knife in my palm. 

"Shit," I mutter and cover my hand with a napkin. 

"You are an idot," he looks at me serious and turns to one of his friends. 

I never said I wasn't.

I decided, since there was a cut, to go to the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey just shakes her head, puts some potion on it and my hand is normal again. I thank her and go to our common room. I forgot how horrible cuts can feel. I run into Umbridge, she doesn't look too amused.

"Miss Storm, it's good to see you," she still smiles at me. 

"Professor?," I'm slightly irritated, not gonna lie. 

"Can we have a talk, doesn't take long," however she doesn't wait for my answer and starts to drag me along with her: "I heard the bad news about your father. I'm sorry dear, but he deserved what he got." 

This freaking bloody smile. 

"What?," I look at her. 

"You heard me dear," she steps closer: "Someone who tells lies, has to get a right punishment." 

My eyes get dark the moment I met hers. She plays some game, a game only she knows the rules to.

"My dad was attacked. They didn't play a game of truth or dare," I say. 

"Truth or what?," she stills smiles but irritated this time. 

"Whatever," I mutter under my breath. 

"Miss Storm, you will see that it is in the thought of the ministry and of my own, when I say I care about your well-being, that's why I ask you this one single time and I expect a true answer: How much do you know?" 

I shrug: "Depending on the subject, I would say a little bit, a bit more in astronomy and maybe some wide knowledge about Bowtuckles." I stare at her. 

I know she didn't mean it like that, I can still play dumb.

Umbridge's smile fades a bit, it hurts to see her smile. Really. 

"That's good for you." 

Oh shut up. 

"Miss Storm, with our best wishes, we want you to grow and be free of the thought process of your father and of the oppression," her smile grows. 

"What oppression?," I stop. 

"He told lies, he manipulated human beings and other creatures, nasty, yet just needed rest. I want you to be safe."

"I am safe where I am now." 

"You poor soul." 

"No, you are the poor one here. Punishing students and everyone who has a slightly different opinion isn't very strong. I know what you are trying to do, you are just ridiculous." 

Her smile fades and I wish I never said that. She gets angry and she pushes me down the hall to her office. I didn't know toads can run that fast. Some students look at me. They start to whisper when Umbridge yells at them.

"Miss Storm," Umbridge closes the door: "Will you take a seat?" 

"No I'm actually fine standing," I'm uncomfortable.

Too many cats look at me. What is happening? What did Dad do? 

"Seat!," she demands and I feel some pain rush through me and I suddenly have the urge to sit down. 

She looks pleased. 

"You had some rough time and-" 

"No," I rub my legs a bit, curious where the pain came from: "I hadn't. You just have to deal with the fact that I'm not going to believe what the ministry tells me." 

"I'm from the ministry and we provide true and relevant information for our-" 

"Just as you provide a true and relevant lesson? That's rubbish."

I get a bit anxious when she has a creepy smile now on her. She takes out her wand. 

"Miss storm, I adore your braveness, sadly it's for the wrong thing. I guess you need to learn the right way, what is true and what isn't." 

"Professor?," I swallow. 

"You have the wrong mindset dear. Clearly due to the fact with whom you grew up with. You are a lost teenager, you need a push back in the right direction," she holds up her wand and I can't breathe for a while. 

Bad words, action all floods down on me and there's the pain. When I open my eyes again I shiver a bit. What did she do?

"Something wrong my dear?," she smiles. 

I don't know what to say. I simply stare at her and shake my head. This was probably the wrong thing to do. Then again. As if it would bring her satisfaction to see me suffer from my memories and the pain. My breath is unsteady and for the first time since a long period, I'm on the verge of crying. Can't she stop? I even fell down from the chair this time. 

"Why are you doing this?," I manage to whisper, now looking on the carpet. 

"You have to see, that kids who cause trouble, need some extra push to see where they belong, to see what went wrong. The ministry cares for you, before you do something stupid. We care."

I stand up with shaking legs. I don't know what to think anymore. Everything I went through again, made me a mess on the inside. The worst thing, she wanted it. She won't win. I need to tell myself that she is just playing games. She basically made Dad a bad person and yet I have all those images back I didn't want to think of anymore. She doesn't care, she just wants another person down, Dad plays a huge role in all of it. He knew too much, I get that now. Just what did he know that is so terrible for her to tear me down?

"Miss Storm," I turn around with empty eyes: "Even kids who cause trouble can be good in the end. Please have in mind, that from now on, you'll do and say the right things. Have a good day." 

I close the door behind me. Bloody hell.

I take deep breaths to clear my head and lean back against the cold walls. I stand there some time in silence, finally being able to get myself together a bit. Then two boys turn into the corridor with some Nifflers. They stop when they see me, I look at them. 

"She is still in there, not your best idea to let them out now," I whisper to the twins. 

I push myself from the wall and start to walk away, still shaking a bit, but at least I can control my legs again.

"Anne wait!," George. 

He stands now in front of me, looking concerned? I look at him. I don't know what else I should do. Fred is dealing with his Niffler and runs after it. 

"Come back here!," I hear him whisper shouting. 

"What is wrong?," George holds his Niffler tight. 

I have to look awful when he stands here. I look back to the office of Umbridge, then at George. 

"What did she do?," he looks angry? 

Why would he look angry? Then he looks down at my hands. I still can't say something, it's stupid and I hate myself for it. 

"That's not important now. More important is, if you are alright? Are you okay Anne?"

No one ever asked me this question so truthfully. No one. And I can feel myself breaking.