Chapter Two: Maya's POV

I don't know what I was thinking letting her stay. The structure was clearly unsafe. I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't have let her.

"Maya," Ben said, "Snap out of it! She's going to be ok- she's Herrera, she's a fighter, she's going to be ok"

"I shouldn't have let her stay in. I shouldn't have-" I said before breaking down in tears.

Carina wrapped her arms around me,
whispering "It's going to be ok. She's going to be ok. Dr. Shepherd and Dr. Grey are some of the best doctors in the state. They are taking care of her. Now it's time to take care of yourself."

I turned around, kissing her. She was right, Andy was going to be ok. She had to be ok. She's my best friend. She has to be ok. Andy hasn't even woken up yet. There's nothing we can do, except hope, until she wakes up. Looking across the waiting room, I see the Sullivan. Vic had said something about them being a thing before but, I didn't really believe that until now. Honestly I'd never really seen Sullivan cry before, but there he was, crying, looking straight forward. He looked like he was, well he looked like he was heart broken. He can't loose another person he loves, not after he lost Ripley, he was sad after loosing Ripley. He wasn't himself. But he's acting differently this time. He looks like he physically can't cry. He needs to cry but he can't. I've never seen him like this. I always thought they were just a fling after overhearing Pruitt talking to Andy. Now I know he's really in love with her. I just hope he can get a chance to tell her.