eleventh

Heart beating fast Marinette left the arena, exhausted expressions on her face as well as on her friends'.

"What a game! Am I right?" A huge grin was plastered across Alyas face.

"Yeah it was." Adrenaline was still rushing through Adriens veins, adrenaline caused by two things - running around and chasing his friends, but also a certain blue eyed girl standing merely a few feet away from him.

"Well I'm starving. Let's go get something." Nino rubbed his belly in circles.

"I think we'll pass." Juleka turned to Rose, " How about another round?" she grinned brightly.

The four quickly said goodbye to their friends and walked out of the fog into the hallway.

Marinette had trouble opening the huge glass door at the end of the stairs, when a hand reached past her shoulder and opened it with ease.

"Brag much?" She raised her eyebrows teasingly, looking right at the blond, but she received nothing but a smirk from him.

When they stepped outside they were immediately hit by a thick curtain of rain, the floor already full of puddles.

Alya was still standing in the door frame, "Crap, I left my jacket upstairs, be right back."

She turned around only to have Nino chasing behind her "I'll come with you."

Before either Marinette or Adrien could realize that Alya and Nino had went back inside, the door already fell shut.

Adrien tried to open it but it didn't move more than an inch. The door could only be opened from the inside or when somebody pressed a button upstairs.

"I guess we're going to have to stay down here. In the rain." Marinette sighed and let her hands fall down to her sides in exasperation.

Alya and Nino were definitely taking their time, and the other two had been standing outside for quite a while now.

The rain still pounding heavily, only growing worse with every passing second, poured down on them.

By now they were both soaking wet
but Marinette barely noticed, to focused staring at the raindrops racing down his face.

The blond shifted his gaze, his eyes now meeting hers, when he noticed that she was already staring at him.

Her bluebell eyes did not back down though for a second, she kept her gaze steady on him, now boring straight into his emerald greens.

She drove him crazy, there was an intensity to her, to the look in her eyes, an intensity that made Adrien want every last bit of her way too badly.

Her feet seemed to have claimed their own will by now, as they stepped closer to him until she was only a foot away from him.

His heart started speeding up once again, she looked even prettier right now, beautiful in a raw way.

Strands of hair were sticking to her face, forming beautiful patterns on her cheeks and forehead, waves crawling across her skin.

Her pale skin was already shining from all the rain as more drops kept raining down on her, running down her face, when a few drops got stuck on her upper lip.

Adrien was confused, he didn't think that he ever wanted to be a raindrop, but now he did. His eyes trained on her rosy lips.

Adrenaline started to pump through his veins once again as his hand, despite his intentions, slid up to her lips, slowly wiping off the little drops.

His fingers traced her lips feather light, not wanting to stop feeling her heat.

She was trembling under his you touch, making a weird sensation rising in his stomach.

As her eyes grew bigger he couldn't help but inch closer to her, slowly but steadily.

She made him feel too much, unable to progress what was happening his eyes fluttered close.

He was impatiently waiting to finally be able to feel her, his breath heavy, heart beating fast without the ability to think of anything else besides her.

Eyes closed but her warm breath already dancing across his skin must've meant that she was no further than two inches away from him.

His heart skipped a beat, she was so close once again and he wanted nothing more than for her to finally stay this close to him if not closer.

A thunder roared loudly as their eyes shot open in reflex.

There they stood barely any distance between them once again. Unable to move they stared into each others eyes.

Her bluebell eyes like a summer sea he got lost in, taking his breath away.

Another thunder roared, but this time it wasn't thunder. The door had just been opened.

When they realized their friends were back they quickly brought at least a foot distance between them again.

Both of their faces flushed bright red they had to take in the humiliating giggles of Marinettes best friend, even though she didn't mean to embarrass them.

"We're leaving." The brunette told them smiling when she had caught herself again.

They walked off, Adrien behind Marinette his head still clouded, filled with nothing but the thought of her.

A smile was still lingering in Marinettes face, a smile she wasn't able to remove as quickly as she wanted to.

He watched her longingly as his heart was aching due to the lost opportunity once again, heat still lingering between them in the cold rain.

Thanks for reading, see you soon!
~Jolina♥️