ninth

Marinette opened her eyes the next morning to golden rays of sunlight shining through the huge windows, letting the shapes of his room appear so much softer and the colours so much calmer than usually.

The blue eyed girl looked around, her eyes still tired and her view still cloudy, as she watched her friends all still sound asleep.

Her best friend Alya was laying comfortably in her boyfriends arms while she found her crush breathing steady and calm merely a foot away from her.

Since she was already awake she sat up and crossed her legs beneath her.

Her eyes wandered to the window falling slowly out of focus as she watched the early birds fly their courses through the bright blue sky.

She enjoyed the silence that was in the air around them before it was suddenly interrupted by a loud, breathy yawn.

Quickly she realized who it must have come from.

A tired "Good Morning, beautiful." kept the silence from returning.

While talking Adrien stretched slowly which made his shirt ride up by just a few inches. Marinette gulped involuntary as her gaze was drawn to him again.

But even that little bit of bared skin that was visible now, was enough for her head to be stuck in the clouds again.

What she was able to see a part of now was what she had been guessing and imagining for quite some time now, his stomach just slightly toned to perfection.

"Girl-", Alya snapped her fingers "stop drooling and wake up already."

Marinette could feel the blood rising in her cheeks quickly "I'll be in the bathroom." she jumped up and headed off quickly.

The blue haired girl stared at herself in the mirror. Her cheeks were flushed a bright scarlet.

She generously splashed hand fulls of ice cold water onto it and waited for the blood to flow out of her face again.

She took a deep breath, looked herself in the eye and whispered to herself reassuringly "Stay calm Marinette. We can do this."

She was desperately trying to calm herself down even though her heart was still beating faster than it probably should.

Hoping that maybe a change of clothing could make her feel less of this and maybe get that image out her head right now she got her clothes out of her back and placed them on the sink.

Her hands were still very much so cold from the water she had used a few seconds ago as she crossed her arms and reached under her shirt to take it off.

She struggled a bit to get out of it as she jumped and turned around trying to get it off.

Finally she held her shirt in between her hands as her back was now facing the door.

Adriens bare feet felt cold on his laminated floor as he was walking towards the bathroom.

He reached for the doorknob and turned it since a certain bluenette had forgotten to lock it.

The door screeched as he opened it but only so quiet that Marinette wondered where this strange sound was coming from.

And suddenly there she was, standing in front of him, half naked.

A lacy bralette accentuating her soft porcelain skin beautifully as her shirt slid to the floor, robbing her of any shield.

His face burning red as she turned around to spot a baffled Adrien maybe five feet away from her.

Quickly she raised her arms covering her chest frantically.

The way she stood there looked as though as she was embarrassed but when he looked at her face her eyes were everything but embarrassed and panicking.

She had a look of persuasion in her face, depth in her bluebell eyes and a cocky grin shining through her calm fassade.

He felt like he was frozen in motion until she slowly stepped closer.

"Just to be clear, I'd prefer this in a different situation." she almost purred leaning in.

His heart beating rapidly he heard his other friends call him from the outside as he unfroze.

"I-" he shut his eyes in anticipation "-should go." still sounded very distracted.

As the blond had closed the door behind him Marinette couldn't help but laugh a little at the mental image of his utterly confused face while she was putting on her fresh shirt.

Now completely dressed she left the bathroom walking past Adrien to her best friend.

"So? Did I miss anything?"

"Not really we were just thinking about what we could do today-" Alyas voice was interrupted by a loud beeping sound from her back pocket.

"Juleka just invited us to a game of laser tag. Who's in?"

Everybody seemed thrilled about the idea so the brunette told their friend Juleka that they'd come over soon.

"So I guess I don't have to finish that sentence. We'll go laser tagging then." Alya emphasized the laser with a funny undertone.

Marinette stole a glance of her crush, only to realize he was already staring.

"Let's see if you can beat me." she smiled as she playfully hit his arm.

He rubbed that arm distractedly as if he was hurt.

"We'll see." he said smirking, giving her those teasing butterflies in her stomach all over again.

See you soon!

~Jolina❤️