~ chapter 38 ~

Toni's POV

It's been exactly 5 months and three weeks since I lost her. That's 5 months of searching, 5 months of going crazy and 5 months of working out like mad to release my anger. I haven't talked to Veronica and Archie for about half that time as searching for Cheryl became a full time job. I tracked her all the way to New York and found her within a week of her losing her humanity. However as you can tell she didn't flip her switch back.

FLASHBACK:

"Cheryl please I am begging you come back with me" I cry while placing a hand on her shoulder. She just looks at me with her eyes as hard as stone before shaking her head. "You said that I would be able to make you flip your switch, what changed? Am I suddenly not good enough for you?" I ask with a desperate tone. For a split second sympathy takes over her facial expressions, only for it to disappear as fast as it came. "Listen, Toni I was having a really good drink with my cousin before you interrupted" she says while pointing to some guy with fang marks in his neck "now can I please get back to it?" "I love you Cheryl, I love you more than you will ever know, now if somewhere deep inside of you feels a tiny bit of love for you please turn your switch back on" I beg while holding her hand. She looks down at our joined hand before pulling her hand away slowly and walking away.

END OF FLASHBACK

Cheryl's POV

"PLEASE, tell me where you are taking me" Betty begs dramatically from the passenger seat while waving her hands around crazily. I pretend to think about it before replying "nope" while popping the 'p'. "Well then we have been driving for 6 hours can you at least tell me what is wrong with you" she says while playing with her hair.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. "I mean you were super fun in the first couple weeks of this trip but then something happened that caused you to become a bit boring" she exasperates while placing her hands on her head. I did change, shes right I just didn't realise that she knew that. Ever since that thing with Toni turning up to that club and me just pulling away from her, she has been on my mind so much. I have been leaving clues for one of the people back home to find so that they can come save me from my crazy ass cousin.

I mean I love her so much but the death of Jughead caused her to become this whole new person. If someone can flip my switch then I can definitely flip Betty's. Honestly I hope the person who follows the trail I have left is not Toni just because of how I left her last time. Don't get me wrong I still don't feel any emotions but if those guys coming to save me gets me away from the blonde maniac then it's worth it. "HELLO" my cousin yells while waving her hands in front of my face. "Yeah" I whisper as I keep my eyes on the road. "What the fuck just happened for you to zone out for 5 minutes" she mid shouts while looking at suspiciously. "Oh...ummm...I'm just super hungry wanna stop for a quick bite" I lie while making my eyes turn there supernatural red. She claps her hands excited while bouncing in her seat.

4 hours later

Archie's POV

"Tonight is the fucking night Archie" Veronica squeals excitedly while jumping up and down on her bed in our mini motel room. "Did the locator spell work?" I inquire while jogging over to her. "Yep, both Blossom and Cooper are at a club about 20 minutes away from here" she she shouts while doing a victory dance. "I can't believe that after two months of following Cheryl's clues we are finally gonna be able to bring her back home to Topaz" I state while running my hands through my ginger mane.

"I know Archiekins, we have been looking for ages but at least this will help Toni become Toni again. We both know she has changed so much over these last months" she groans while hugging me. "Your right Ronnie lets do it, remember we have go to whatever lengths it takes to get Cheryl to turn on her switch" I remind her while stroking her hair.

At the club

"Alright should we spilt up and look for them or stay together" I ask while scanning the club for the redhead. "Stay together because you don't know how they might react when they see us" Veronica yells over the music that is blasting from the stereos. I nod my head and grab her hand before making my way through the crowd.

"What the fuck are you guys doing here" Betty growls while holding onto Cheryl's arm. "Did you really think anyone wouldn't come looking for you" Veronica snaps back sarcastically causing me to chuckle. Cheryl just scans over us before looking away and scoffing.

"Oi Cheryl do not scoff at the people who have been tracking you idiots for the last two months okay" I shout as I walk in front of her face. Veronica grabs my arm softly and pulls me back then looks me in the eyes and winks before crying"we just wanted to tell you that Toni is gone".

Cheryl's eyes reflect sadness as see finally looks at us. "What-What do you mean Toni is gone?" She stutters while pulling her arm out of Betty's grip. "She couldn't live with the fact that she wasn't able to live without you Cheryl so she got a stake.." I whisper before trailing off and pretending to cry as we are only saying this to get her to flip the switch.

"No, no this wasn't supposed to happen" she stammers while backing away from us and running outside the club. I glance at Veronica before chasing Cheryl.

Cheryl's POV

What the fuck have I done? Because of me she's gone. My back slides down the wall whilst tears start to stream from my eyes. "I'm guessing your humanity is back for you to be crying" Archie states while sitting down beside me. I look at him with the 'are you fucking serious' look. "Listen we can still go back to Riverdale and say goodbye to Toni the proper way" I whisper sympathetically and place my hand on her knee. She takes my hand and nods and I lead her in the car whilst texting Veronica that the plan worked.

A day later

Toni's POV

I can't do this anymore. It's too long and painful. I give up with trying to find her. "Toni what are you doing" Veronica shrieks as she cautiously steps towards me. I look down at the stake in my hands which is direct towards my hand before a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Listen Toni I know you have had a rough time because we can't find Cheryl but don't do this" she begs while still walking towards me. I look back at her then at the stake in my hands before stuttering "I just ca-can't live like this. I can't li-live knowing that sh-she is out there depending on me to save her and I hav-haven't found her".

I start to pull the stake close to my chest and block out Veronicas constant screaming. "I'm sorry, if she does get her emotions back tell her that okay" I whisper before closing my eyes as the wood my contacts with my skin. "Toni" a voice whispers causing me to stop all my actions immediately.

A/N SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE BUT HERE :D. Anyways won't be an update for a while as I have mocks ://