~ chapter 37 ~

Toni's POV

"Toni what's happened?" Ronnie asks me while nudging my arm. I pull my phone away from my ear in shock and my vision starts to become blurry. Veronica moves to stand directly in front of me and puts both of her hands on my shoulders. "She's gone" I croak out as I try to hold back my tears. Confusion covers her face while she asks "who, who's gone?" I look down to the ground before stating "Cheryl. She flipped her switch".

"Why the hell would she do that?" She inquires while taking a step back from me. I lift my head up and reply "Betty made her choose between having emotions or me dying. Obviously Cheryl picked option number 1". Sympathy washed over her face as she stepped closer to me and engulfed me in a hug. "I promise that we will find her and bring her back" she soothes as stroking my back.

I nod and whisper a "thank you" but the thought of Cheryl not having her emotions terrifies me. What if I can't bring her back? She didn't even tell me how long she will be gone for...a month, three months or even possible forever? All I know is that the good Cheryl, the one trapped inside of the emotionless one, is depending on me to save her. "We have to find her, shes relying on me, V" I whisper into her ear.

She pulls away from me before saying "didn't she say though that she flipped the switch in order to save you". I just nodded my head before saying "yeah, but I wont leave her alone when she needs me the most". "Yeah but she did that to you before so why the fuck shouldn't you do it to you!" she shouted at me before placing her hand over her mouth. "Listen Veronica yeah, you may be my friend but don't you dare use that against me again. Cheryl didn't comfort me after I thought I killed her for her own personal reasons and I have forgiven her for it. So if you ever disrespect my girlfriend again, I swear to go you will regret it" I seethe before walking out of the classroom.

Cheryl's POV

"So where the fuck are you taking me" I ask nonchalantly while looking out the window of the Porsche we just stole. "Oh only the best place in America to party and feed on anyone we want" she replies while smirking at me. "Oh my god, your taking us to New York aren't you" I say with my tone showing my excitement. She just nods before looking back to the road.

"So how exactly are we going to get revenge on Lucas" I ask after we both had been silent for 10 minutes. "Well...you know how Veronica is a witch right, what if we got her to do a weakening spell on Lucas. So that when me and you go to kill him we could do it in one swift motion" she replies with a smug tone. "Well there just one issue with that" I state. She looks at me with her eyebrows raised and gestures for me to tell her what. "Its boring as hell. This twat needs to pay for everything he has put us both through" I say while checking my lipstick in the side window.

She nods her head and places one arm on the window whilst keeping one hand on the wheel. "I don't necessarily mean that we should chop up the guy but we should think of an amazing plan to take him down" I say while looking back onto the road. "yeah maybe your right" she hums as she turns the car onto the road for New York.

3 hours later

Veronica's POV

I do feel bad about what I said about Cheryl but it's too late to take it back now. I just need to find a way to get Cheryl back here so that I can fix things with Toni and make things great again. I walk into the Pembroke while throwing my bag across the room in frustration. All right its going to take a lot of magic to find her without someone from her bloodline, or something that belongs to her.

I slam my bedroom door open and walk over to the candles. I start to light all of them up so I cam channel all the power from their tiny flames. Just as I am about to start chanting someone rings my doorbell. I groan loudly before stomping my way towards the door to see whatever twat has disturbed me.

I open the door only to instantly try and shut it again. "Don't be so rude to your older cousin, Veronica" he says while pushing the door open so he can walk in. "What the hell do you want Lucas?" I ask without even looking at him. "I need you to give me another little potion" he says while doing jazz hands for some reason. "Okay well if that's all you want" I say with a sarcastic tone.

I look up at him and start to chant a spell quietly while pointing my hands at him. "Ronnie stop that now" he says while his body is in mid air.  "Okay" I say with a bit of sass before pulling the door back open and flicking him outside with my magic. He groans as his body makes contact with the hard cold concrete. "Maybe next time don't bother me after you kill my friend" I tell before closing my door. Now let's get started on my spell.

6 months later

Toni's POV

I can't do this anymore. It's too long and painful. I give up with trying to find her. "Toni what are you doing" Veronica shrieks as she cautiously steps towards me. I look down at the stake in my hands which is direct towards my hand before a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Listen Toni I know you have had a rough time because we can't find Cheryl but don't do this" she begs while still walking towards me. I look back at her then at the stake in my hands before stuttering "I just ca-can't live like this. I can't li-live knowing that sh-she is out there depending on me to save her and I hav-haven't found her".

I start to pull the stake close to my chest and block out Veronicas constant screaming. "I'm sorry, if she does get her emotions back tell her that okay" I whisper before closing my eyes as the wood my contacts with my skin.

A/N HAHAHAHAHAHA am I sorry for this huge cliffhangers... nahhhhhhh :)