* T H I R T E E N *

Start from the beginning

"Do you really expect me to be happy?" I ask giving him a disbelieving look with a shake of my head.

"Avery. I can explain." He says with a pained expression begging me to listen.

"Why didn't you explain whatever you needed to explain four freaking years ago! You left me! Alone without even a text or a call! And you seriously expect me to be happy?" As I shout my voice gets louder. Tears threaten to fall but I won't let them.

"Avery let me explain! Please?" He asks begging me with his eyes.

I shake my head and start backing away from him. "No."

I turn around and run. I run back to the Dalys.

As soon as I enter the house I see the boys are still there. Looking at the clock I see that it's way past midnight.

"What the hell Avery! Do you know what time it is? " Eli yells at me. I flinch again and this time my tears fall. I feel my breaths becoming shorter and shorter and I know that a panic attack is coming on.

"Look at what you did. You made her cry." Alex say coming towards me.

Just before he can reach me I turn around and run upstairs to my room slamming the door.

Going into my bathroom I change into my PJs and quickly go into my bed. I try to steady my breaths.

He's been gone. For four years. Not even a text, a call, an email, a letter or even trying to come to me in person.

"I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him." I punch my pillow each time I say it.

When I start to fell better I sigh and lie down in my bed staring up at the plain ceiling.

Life is tiring and there's always drama awaiting for me at some point or another. I just hope that I won't be dealing with any for a loooong while. Well after all this drama settles down that is.

My thoughts are then interupted. I look at my door, that someone is knocking on, it's three in the morning and I have school tomorrow.

"Come in." I sigh. Thank god tomorrow is Friday. Oh wait no, I have to go to that party. I scrunch my nose.

"Avery." Alex comes into my room shutting the door behind him.

"What?" I don't scowl or glare at him he's done nothing so I'm not gonna take my anger out on him. Only on the people who actually made me angry.

"Can I sit?" He asks gesturing towards the edge my bed. I just shrug so he sits down anyways.

"Now, what do you want?" I just want him to go away so that I can be alone.

"I just wanted to apologise for the way my brothers were acting." Alex says genuinely.

"They should be the ones saying that. Not you." Are they really that scared to come and say sorry.

"I know but I really wanted to talk to you about something." He scratches the back of his neck nervously.

Something I've noticed about a lot of boys is that when they get nervous they scratch the back of their necks. It's weird but everyone is different so I can't judge.

"Talk then." I say waiting for him to say what he wanted to say and leave.

"I just wanted to ask if... Umm... If... If everything was fine?" I give him a weird look.

I scrunch my nose remembering how I always did that when I wanted to ask someone something but I was too nervous. I knew he wanted to say something else but he couldn't say it.