Chapter Thirty Three

Christians POV

She looked so good I couldn't believe my eyes. It had taken me forever to finally track her down and I knew it was gonna take some groveling on my part to get her back but if that is what it took then I was ready to do so. I had missed her so much and I had already lost enough time away from her, thirteen months to be exact including the year I spent in coma. She must have gone through so much that whole year and I repaid her by breaking her heart. I should burn in hell for hurting her like that but I was ready to spend the rest of my life apologizing to her if she let me. Bringing Cia had been a last minute idea as a back up plan. Tracy had formed a really tight bond with her and she wouldn't turn her away and I had been right. Cia got me through the door now I had to get myself back into Tracy's heart.

"Excuse me while I go get dressed." she said as she walked away with Cia still in her arms.

It gave me some time to look around the place where the love of my life had been hiding out for a month. The penthouse was spacious and luxurious and wheelchair friendly which was a huge plus. I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water when I found a bloody wet towel on top of the kitchen counter. Tracy picked the perfect time to come back dresses in white shorts and a loose fitting off shoulder white top. She looked mouthwatering as always.

"What is this?" I asked holding up the bloody towel.

"None of your business ." she said grabbing the towel from me and tossing it in to the sink.

"Trace? Why is there a bloody towel in our kitchen." I asked again. She knew me well enough to know I wouldn't let this go until I got an answer and she was smart enough to figure it out.

"Okay fine an asshole ,sorry language, some twat decided it was nice to hit on me by snatching my phone away from me as I was reading a book on Wattpad so I punched him and hit him where the sun don't shine." She said proudly as she placed Cia securely onto one of the kitchen chairs.

"That's my girl."

"Not your girl."

"Not yet."

"Not ever."

I laughed to myself as I watched silently as Trace grabbed and apple and chopped it into small pieces, put them in a bowl and gave them to Cia.

"Have that for now sweetheart the food will be here soon." she told Cia kissing her hair.

"Thank you Acey."

"Am hungry too. " I whined playfully at her which earned me a glare that shut me right up.

After a few more minutes of awkward silence the food finally arrived and we filled our mouths with food to avoid talking. I had a lot to say I just didn't know how to start the conversation. I watched in silence as Tracy interacted with Cia. She listened carefully and chipped in where she could as my sister gave her stories about the past one month. Watching her interact with my sister made me realize just how stupid I had been to let go off her. I had just been so scared that she would come to resent me for making her put her life on hold that I failed to see that I was hurting us both by separating us.

****************************************

"Now that Cia is finally asleep I can finally insult you without holding back so ill start with what the actual fuck Christian." Trace shouted at me as soon as she came back from the guestroom.

"I know your ready to tear me a new one right now but can you help me get out of this wheelchair first my back is killing me." I requested because my back was literally on fire.

"Oh yeah right sorry." she said before getting in front of me and putting her arms under my arms and asked me to place my hands on her shoulders and she helped me stand.