<7>

Eli:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Eli:

Wait what? I stood in shock for a moment. Did she really want to see Ember? Was it really that simple?

"Mate wants to see me!" Ember was jumping around in my head.

I watch as she notices Ryan or rather, Beckett, Sky on his back smiling big. Her eyes go wide as she looks at the giant beast moving closer.

"Oh wow..." She reaches out to touch his head as he lowers himself slightly. Beckett is a pretty big wolf compared to Ember. I don't notice any fear in her eyes, more curiosity. "Beckett is so BIG!"

"Mate like big?" Ember whines in my head.

"Don't worry Em..."

I shake my head and chuckle at Ember's insecurity.

Sky laughs, wrapping his arms around Beckett's neck, "Isn't he gorgeous!?"

Jessica shakes her head as Beckett huffs. She frowns at his reaction as she starts to back away. Sky starts whispering in his ear making his whole demenor change. Sky begins to chuckle as Beckett begins to Bounce around. Jessica giggles as she tries to pet him again.

Rosette giggling, knocks Jessica out of her silliness as she looks over at Vik. Rosette proudly rides on top of him, "Sky, you're so silly. Vik is obviously better looking..." Her voice is low but she snuggled into him as Vik bounced around excitedly.

She walks up to Vik, looking into his eyes, "Wow, this is incredible. I can actually sense Sean in there..." Vik yips as rosette pets him, trying to calm him. It shocked Jessica at first, but she was soon made into a giggling mess as Vik was full of energy ready to race.

"Hurry up BRO! let's go!" sean says through the mind-link

"let's get this over with so I can eat..." Ryan responds.

"I don't want to scare her..."

"Bro, stop worrying! she's your mate, and if she likes us already, she's going to love Ember!" Sean yells back.

"I agree. She's different... you can tell." Ryan speaks up.

"Mate..." Ember whines in my head.

I sigh as She looks back at me, "OK!" She claps her hands, bouncing on her heels, "Hurry up! I want to see Ember now."

I chuckle at how cute she is, "OK OK..." I say as I back up slowly, "...but just so you know, Ember can be quite... Happy."

She laughs at my statement, "ok, well, GOOD! I'd rather deal with a happy wolf than a sad one..." She crosses her arms over her chest and smirks at me.

"And he can be kinda...cuddly..." I say as I kick off my shoes, as I round a large tree, peering around so I can take off my shorts.

She rolls her eyes at me, "Ok Eli, I get it. Ember is a giant, snuggly, wolf. Don't worry! I promise I won't run away in fear. I'm just really excited! So hurry up!"

Rosette and Sky start laughing. I can't help but smile.

I shake my head. My girl is too much.

"Our girl. Our mate." Ember corrects me.

I roll my eyes as I move behind a tree and continue to get undressed, "Ember, you better be careful with our mate..."

Ill admit, I was nervous about letting Ember out when Jessica was still so new to this world.

"I'll keep Mate safe!" Ember roared inside me.

"Please ember, be gentle with her, ok?"

I bend down to the ground and shift. Shifting now isn't a big deal and happens quite quickly. I was now watching every thing through Ember's eyes.

Ember moved around the tree, peering out at Jessica. He was nervous about how she would see him.

Her eyes froze on Ember's. She was breathing so heavy. Ember moved forward, unsure of her reaction or if she was hurt. Her heart rate picking up as he sniffed around. Checking her out.

"Eli?" She asked as Ember huffs in annoyance, making her giggle.

"I love when she giggles."

"I know how to make mate giggle.." Ember responds.

"Ember?" She asked again, this time reaching out to pet him.

He purred in response to her touch, then excitedly began jumping around and licking her face.

Her laugh was beautiful and Ember couldn't get enough of it.

Jess:

Sky hops off of Beckett and grabs my arm, causing Ember to growl at him "calm down Ember, I'm just helping Jess get on your back ok?" He stares into Ember's eyes as he huffs before leaning down.

I pet his fur, running my fingers through all the beautiful white strands. I see them glimmer with silver sparkles from the moon.

"Wow" I whisper, as I feel the urge to wrap my arms around his neck. I pull away from sky and give Ember a quick hug which makes him wag his tail excitedly.

I giggle as I reach for Sky again, "ALRIGHT! Let's do this..."

I've always been a little bit competitive, my mother says I get it from my dad.

No, I'm actually really competitive.

We moved around a lot so joining any sort of sports team was never really an option, but I stayed in shape by joining local gyms. Sometimes competing in local athletic events.

Sky helped me on to Ember's back. It was surprisingly comfortable. I was expecting him to be hard or bony, but he was as soft as a fluffy pillow.

"Okay, so just be careful around the ears, and hold on tight! He'll have to run pretty fast if he wants a chance at beating Beckett!" Sky yells back at me as climb on top of Beckett again. Snuggling into his fur again.

"Oh Skyler, you seem so confident!" I yell back as I see him smirk.

"That's because we always win!" He runs his hand over Beckett's head who yips in response.

Rosette pipes up, "Whatever Sky! Vik just gets a little side tracked sometimes..."

Sky and I both laugh.

I lean down and whisper in Ember's ear, "ok Ember, I kinda sorta want to take Sky down a notch...." he yips and wiggles around in response, "let's win this!"

Sky yells out, "you guys ready?!" Rosette and I nod in response.

I watch Rosette wrap her arms around Vik and Sky does the same. I lean forward, laying my head on his back, he's so soft, so warm. I didn't want to admit it. Even to myself, but Ember is exactly the wolf from my dreams. I had the sudden urge to hold on and never let go.