<6>

Jess:

Eli actually looked hurt. 

But why? I'm confused...

"You mean about my hair?" I ask curiously.

He nods, "Your hair is very beautiful.." He reaches up, touching it again, causing a small spark to flutter through my body. I can tell his wolf is really excited because of all the gold that constantly flickers in his eyes. My father told me that's a sign that his wolf is fluttering around on the surface of his mind. Although my father and mother seemed concerned by me being able to see this flicker. 

My father is a freakin' werewolf, he moves me to the other side of the world to spend my summer with a bunch of werewolves, but me seeing some gold flickers in some eyeballs is suddenly concerning. Who knew?

"It's got so many different shades of chocolate brown with these pretty gold pieces, and..."

He's interrupted by Skyler who comes running up taking my spoon and starts eating the ice cream I took out.

I ignore him, smiling big at Eli and blushing, "Wow, that's really sweet Eli..." I find myself lost in his eyes for a moment, "Or shall I say Prince Eli, or maybe Alpha Eli?"

He furrows his brow at me, "Just Eli, for you, is fine." He almost sounds angry, making me a little nervous. I wasn't trying to upset him.

Maybe that's too old school?

"Yeah, only the rest of us have to call him Alpha or Prince depending on the situation.." Ryan added as he snatched the spoon from Skyler who glared at him. Ryan forced a smile when he handed it back to me. I carefully took it from his hands. 

Even Ryan's forced smile makes me a little uncomfortable.

I really need to get on Ryan's good side.

I slowly gave it back to Skyler, keeping my eyes on Ryan who furrows his brows, "It's ok, I'll get another one, but why don't I have to call you Prince or Alpha?" I risk a glance back at Eli.

I really hope I'm not super red right now.

It was only then that I noticed a quiet girl standing next to the louder red head, she spoke up so sweetly, "Well, because Prince Eli told you that you don't have to. If he wants you to call him Eli then you're one of the lucky few who can call him that."

Everyone stood there watching me, like I was the one who was about to turn into a werewolf.

I looked at Eli again, I focused on his eyes for a moment, they continued to flash gold, and I could feel a very excited energy coming off of him.

I cleared my throat as I moved to grab more spoons. I was eager to change the subject, "So is that why your eyes have this golden flash all the time?"

He looked at me confused, "What do you mean?"

His confused look turned to shock, "Can you see Ember?"

Skyler spoke up excitedly, "I can see Beckett all the time!"

Ryan answered for him, "Well that's because you're male, omega, you might not be able to shift, but you still have your wolf like senses."

Sean looked down on Rosette who was now in his lap, "Can you see Vik?"

She sadly shook her head no before answering, "Not really. I can only tell you're on the verge of shifting by your eye color. Anyone could see that though..."

Jeez, this girl is so quiet. Thank god my weird ears allow me to hear her.

I shrugged, "It is bad that I can see him? I mean, I can also tell that he's really excited." I laugh as Eli smiles.