House of Hades

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Percy Jackson books or the Heroes of Olympus books. Unfortunately, all of that awesomazingness is owned by the one and only, Rick Riordan.

This is just a fanfic on what I think would happen next.

I Percy

Percy was tired. He was sick and tired of being a demigod, always having to save the world with monsters and other enemies always breathing down his neck. He was sick and tired of being the leader, everyone expecting that he always had a plan and having everyone look up to him. Most of all, he was sick and tired of Gaea, comstanlty trying to kill him and his friends, and trying to destroy all of the 21st civilisation.

This was what Percy was thinking about as he clutched Annabeth's hand, and they spiraled down into the dark, bottomless abyss of evil known as Tartarus.

He could have gone on forever about the millions of reasons why his life sucked, but he suddenly realised that the ground was coming up to meet them. Fast.

They only had a split second before they came into contact with the hard, cruel floor.

And in that moment, Percy made a decision.

He twisted his body so that Annabeth would land on top of him, and he would take the full impact of the fall.

Well, he thought, at least Annabeth wouldn't get hurt as much.

CRACK!

The sound was sickening. It took Percy a while to realise that it had come from him.

Agonizing pain flared up in every cell of his body when he tried to sit up.

That fall must have caused him to break his spine, some ribs, his arms, legs, and... Well, practically every single bone in his body.

He felt some weight lift off his body, and from somewhere far away, he faintly heard Annabeth calling his name.

"Percy! Percy where are you? Percy-- Oh my gods!" she gasped, seeing how injured he was. "You Seaweed Brain!" she scolded, propping him up against her. "You should have let me take some of the fall."

Percy tried to ignore the pain he was feeling. "Are you okay?" he asked Annabeth.

She touched her ankle and winced. "Yeah," she croaked. She cleared her throat. "Uh, yeah. I'm fine."

Percy totally didn't believe her. She had just faced Arachne, the mother of all spiders, and fallen into the darkest and most evil part of the Underworld. She was so not fine.

By staying in one spot out in the open, they were probably alerting every single monster in Tartarus to their apparently delicious demigod presence. They had to keep moving.

W

"Come on, Wise Girl. Let's find somewhere to rest. Like, a cave or something." He got up and black and yellow spots danced in his eyes. "Woah," he said, and stretched out his arms to steady himself.

Annabeth glanced at him worriedly. "Percy, you really shouldn't--"

Percy sighed, and took Annabeth's hand. "I'm alright, Wise Girl. You should be worrying about yourself. You have a broken ankle. And besides, do you want to get killed before we even spend 5 minutes in here?"

Annabeth gave up.

They scanned the earthen walls, and somewhere along the way, they found a little crevice opening up into a cave.

They stepped inside.

It wasn't exactly "home, sweet, home," but it would have to do. It shielded them from any creatures that may have been lurking around.

They sat on the cold, damp ground, wrapped in each other's arms, sharing their body warmth.

In the distance, ear-piercing screams and vicious growls of monsters were heard, making chills of terror run down Percy's spine. A cold breeze blew through the air, and Percy felt Annabeth shiver. He took off his jacket, and draped it over her shoulders.

Now he was cold.

"Annabeth?" he whispered.

No response.

He looked down at his girlfriend wrapped in his arms, and swept the hair from her face.

Her eyes were closed and she was breathing deeply.

She had fallen asleep.

Percy didn't blame her. She had been through a lot that day. She deserved the rest.

Without meaning to, Percy found himself drifting to sleep, too.

His last thought was that he hoped he wouldn't have any dreams, but he got no such luck, and he was plagued with visions and demigod dreams.

A/N: Well, hiya readers! I'm new here on Wattpad. Just joined today so please read, comment and vote. Constuctive criticism would be much appreciated. I hope that you enjoy! (: