Chapter 43: Burnt out

Comenzar desde el principio

The hands of a person shook me.

The music stopped.

It wasn't a hallucination.

I stared at Thomas' mother. So distraught. So confused. So clueless. Why is this happening?

"Trinity?" I swallowed back the vomit that felt like was going to slip my lips.

I felt Thomas arms around my shoulders again. I turned my head staring at him. He had a smile against his face. This nostalgic sensation coursing through the air.

"Trinity?" I turned my head to look at Ms. Adrienne. So much has happened. So much that her family has put me through.

"Trinity?" I gazed at Blake behind his sister. He motioned with his stance for me to speak. A nervous scowl etched towards his lips.

Thomas' arms still around my shoulders. I wish my body gave out in that instance. Yet it hadn't. Leaving me to face this catastrophe.

"Speak." Blake mouthed demandingly.

"Just a little sick." I choked out. Quickly staring at her. She smiled. Admiring me somehow. I wonder why? I wonder if she was apart of this too?

"Gosh, you've grown so much. You look so different from the last time I saw you." I gulped. Staring at her admire yet grimace at my appearance.

"Are these Thomas' clothes?" She asked raising a brow at me a small smirk came to her lips. A grimace couldn't even form my lips as she looked at her son that was behind me. Blake noticed sharply as a feeling of huge disgust and sadness painted me. Her hands faltered off my arms she hit Thomas playfully. Moving towards him. Just a tad bit. I stared at Blake who looked like he was going to be sick.

'Why doesn't she know Thomas and I aren't together anymore?'

"Not in my house, Thomas. When did you even buy clothes like this?" She asked abruptly. Still talking to her son but nudging the sweater fabric to him. I should've stared at the conversation but all I could see was Blake staring at me. Trudging closer.

"Susan." Blake walked up towards her his hand placed on her shoulder. She twisted around hair nearly hitting my face. She looked him up and down. Then turned towards me. Then back to him.

"These clothes remind me of your uncles." I widened my eyes. Blake saw. Thomas swiftly grabbed me turning me which confused the hell out of me.

He stared at me smile on his lips. Why is he still smiling?

"Yeah, my uncle is giving me fashion advice." He lied staring at me. Scoffing to his mother. I couldn't form a smile staring at Thomas. He noticed and his lips faltered.

"Why—"

"Susan why come here all of a sudden?" Blake asked over my voice. I glanced over to them. She turned her head snickering.

"Get a load of this guy. My young brother I raised doesn't want his older sister visiting him." She said laughing. Reaching to ruffle his hair. A slight smile ran to Blake's lips. Very slight and slim.

When he looked back at me his reality started seeping through the cracks of people who clearly didn't know anything about what's true reality.