Chapter 30

Vil's pov~

I was pissed that Elnathan has gotten away again. I truly felt that Hruodperht had something to do with it. But I didn't have proof. We've investigated the structure this criminal resided in. We tried to contain the fire that he started himself.

Using our own technology to keep it in this one area without causing attention to us. I didn't need these weaklings called humans interfering. This planet was still an cornerstone place. For The Just In Case clause we had to abide by. We've been coming here for hundreds of years. If humans average age for perishing is around 80 to 90. With some making it up to 100.

We Tafians can till 200 years as one of our officials had. Having died just two earth years ago. We start aging right around 100 much like humans at 50 or so. At this time we have no plans to come here in multiple squadrons. Of course we could easily overtake this planet in little under a week. And that why I appreciated my own world more than this one. I couldn't see myself actually staying here. Ever.

I know those who came here, decided not to leave. Had to not stay in one place for more than about 10 years without humans in the vicinity wanting to know why they weren't aging. Especially when the primitive de aging techniques this world were doing. Maybe they could stay longer in one place these days. 

As I picked up one destroyed piece of this numerical area after another. It was no use to keep searching. He was always one step ahead. Just one step ahead of me. When we were in the military, he was the top of everything. His constant acknowledgement was an thorn in my side. And when I caught up with him.

He was dishonorably discharged from the military. To start working in a lab, I didn't even know how it was so. But come to find out he was taking classes on the side. It was the whole of his military career. Always one step ahead, it pissed me off. It felt like he was out to mess with my life since we were lads.

" Fuck ! " I yelled in our Tafian language, kicked things around until I was well spent.

Breathing heavily, I didn't notice that my communicator was going off, I looked over at Hruodperht. He was still looking around for clues.

" Cal. Vil have you found the suspect ? " the voice on the other end of the communicator spoke. I didn't know how to respond but I didn't have it in me lie. So I told the whole truth. To let it be known that Elnathan was an deserter of our home planet of Taf. Plus he didn't have clearance to even come here. Our people haven't had since last of their world wars.

We were told to come back. And I made it known to my Superior that I knew for an shadow of a doubt that Elnathan was still on this planet. But that be arguing with an Superior, it's considered an offense. Punishment is a fine or you could be headed to your torture.

" Granted, " was all I could say before cutting off transmission. And Hruodperht and I pushed the transmitters over hearts on our uniforms to make our way back to the ship. To head back.

......................

Nate's ( Derek's body ) pov~

I was in my recharge trance, speaking in my native language. Trying to make to this transference into Derek stick longer until my body would recover fully. I knew it was wrong to do this to him. He was a good kid but I needed to use him to get to her. Simple as that.

After everything was over, I could have my body, life back. But Leena was going to be apart of it. As soon as everything went as planned. I'd take her, we'd leave this planet in search of another. I knew of some right now that could be suited for me. Maybe it would for her also or I would make it so for her. It was my life's work, more.

I'm a scientific genius on my home planet. Might not have won a lot of prestigious awards. Some of the things I've worked on, I couldn't let the world know about. Many government officials sought after me for different reasons. I wasn't very forthcoming in letting them know everything. And if I did, let's just say. I wouldn't have gone far in my research.

I couldn't let that baise group stop me from what I knew was right. Especially for what happened in the past. The cover ups, the treatment of it's poorest citizens. Hrouperdt and I were one of those citizens. We worked our way up by joining the military because it seemed it was the only way out of our situation. I meet my then special someone during my first year of joining. I thought everything was going smoothly, nothing could break up our joyous union.

But tensions on our planets proved that when you feel grounded with an person, you started seeing and planning a future together. It could be taken away in a instant. And you're not ready for the repercussions. It hits you hard especially when you know the truth, you are silenced.

" Oh Avaline. How I miss you, " I say aloud still in the middle my session. But I needed to focus so I chanted more vigorously until I heard a thud so loud that it broke my concentration. I turned to look behind me, I got up rushing towards the door opening it.

Seeing it was Leena lying unconscious on the hallway floor. I checked her vitals, scooped her up to place her on the guest room bed. And I began to run tests with my tools that are much more advanced than those here on earth.

All she needed was to rest up. She'll probably come around in the next five to ten minutes hopefully.

Finally we got a name drop of the woman from his past. More on her in upcoming chapters. Thanks everyone for 33k reads. I appreciate it ❤

 I appreciate it ❤