Chapter 25

Derek ⬆⬆⬆

Leena's pov~

After getting much needed rest, was surprised the school let me take the rest of the week off. But it wasn't really a week off. Because I had so much to catch up on.

Even though the workload was a little tough. I pulled through, it was thanks to being focused, with that helped me to not think of my current situation. But now as I lay here on this lumpy couch that looked like it seen better days. I truly need to leave here I can't be spending my dad's money like this. Maybe I would apply for a dorm room, if there were any openings. Being as it's almost the middle of an school year.

It's likely that I'd be hearing from my dad soon. Still it wasn't a large amount that has gone from his account. Just a little under seven hundred.

Now that I think about. I could've put a deposit on a small studio. And I needed to stop being so much in head, going on and on about what could happen. Do what's best for me.

I should call him up, tell him my situation, throw in how I'd pay him back. Or should I go ahead, do it always. Shouldn't parents support their kids ?

And I thought on how my mom blew me off when I asked her for help.

I made up my mind. I'm not going to just spend my time lying around, doing nothing. I have housing to look for. Staying in a motel felt kind of dumb. When I could have be doing that in the first place.

..........................

Okay now, so I narrowed it down to three apartments. With one that's the most expensive, it's close to school. By the looks of it, it's very compact. And the last the farthest away but cheaper rent, seedier neighborhood. The other it had one image to go by but I read specs, they read alright. This place is not that far from school but not as close the first one.

I promised myself that I'll call these landlords later, see if I can come in today after school to check them out.

Stepping off the city bus, I walked to my school's front entrance. I had to go to the dean's office to speak to his secretary for an sort of meeting to discuss my leave of absence, other things. I don't know why because I did explain everything over the phone. I had the doctor that treated me throughout my stay in the hospital email something to the school. But I would go away.

.........................

After my business with the dean's secretary. I headed to class, just made it on time before the lecture begin. I took a seat then the professor begin his introduction. I straighten in my seat, pulled my new laptop out of my also new bag. I logged on the School's website, brought up my books there. Thank god I downloaded them on my account. Because the ones I did need were at Nate's but I decided not to go there just yet. I needed my things, for shame I was scared to face him. And there's another things that's making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

I felt eyes on me. Not like a bunch of people watching but one in particular. So turn in my seat, see who it was....

Derek ? Why was he looking at me that way. When all the other times were disgust. Or he'd just ignored me. He had that look upon his face of his past self before everything happened.

Only thing I could do was to turn back around. And continue to take in the rest of the lesson, try not to let whatever Derek was doing effect me.

.......................................

Derek's pov~

I couldn't believe it. I knew I seen her walk in the room. But I just thought it was an figment of my imagination. Like I seem to have done not one but twice, thought I saw in other places but they turned out to not be her.

As she sat, I just stared as if she would disappear. But she didn't, it brung a smile to my face that it was actually her. So I couldn't take my eyes off her, she was beautiful as always.

I wasn't too far behind her in the way we were seated. It was just four rows to be exact. I just wish she would turn around so I could see the beautiful face of hers....

And she did. What I saw wasn't what I expected. Shock, sadness then a little of anger. But why ?

Wasn't it her that done things wrong ? I had to talk to her.

...................

After our second class we had to together. I caught up to her finally because she avoided me at the end of the last class we had together. I grabbed her by the arm because it seemed like the only way to get her stop. When I touched her, I sensed a sort of deja vu feeling. That this type of situation happened before but it was me that was trying to run.

I felt bad as I held on to her arm. We were in the middle of the hall as many people walked passed us. We just stood here for seconds, I knew I had to say something. Here it goes....

" Can we talk Leena ? Please ? "

She slowly turned around, looked me up and down until she focused in on my face.

" Haven't you made it clear already. And what's this all about ? " she exclaimed point at my face in which had students stopping, staring to see what happens next.

" Can we go somewhere private ? I really want to talk, " I asked while the audience looked on.

It took several seconds for her agree, " Okay fine. "

And we walked off to find a place were could talk.

....................................

Nate's pov~

This just had to work. I bit down on the experimental agent that was located in my tooth. And it went on from there. I felt my body go limp as I left it.

I could see it from an vantage point above these two. They hadn't had a clue as to what was going on. My body began to be encased in a blue liked  substance, slowly disappeared. It was weird to watch but also quite humorous to watch the two be stunned. I kind of felt bad for Bert. But I didn't give a damn about Vil.

I knew where my body was going be. But I couldn't go to it just yet. Because if I did, they would located me quickly.

I needed to do something about my astro spirit, not just float around. I needed to find a host body, fast. Before I'd be taken to the other world or worst the Authority gets wind of this, lock my soul up. It's worst than dying.

I hope everyone is enjoying this book. Thanks for 17k reads ❤

 Thanks for 17k reads ❤