six

**I'm so sick of planning all
my nights, nights
round avoiding you, it's gotta end**

**I'm so sick of planning all my nights, nights round avoiding you, it's gotta end**

ISABELLA

Harry and I avoid each other for the next few days, which is pretty easy seeing as he's a workaholic and practically lives at that damn precinct. But I've been working a lot too, because one of the girls at the club sprained her ankle, so Trey's been making us all cover more hours to make up for it. He's mostly been calling me in though, because he says I bring in the most money nightly, which therefore means he makes more too. I'm not quite sure what he does with all the money I make him, besides buying ugly clothes and cheap teeth grills.

Today is my first day off in a while, so I've gotten up early (well, relatively. It's actually noon, but that's early for me), and I'm now getting ready to run a day of errands. Harry must have a day off too, or maybe he's working from home today, because he's currently taking a shower in the bathroom, which is exactly the room I suddenly burst into, causing him to yelp in response.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" he snaps, making his voice loud enough so I can hear him over the sound of the running water. "I'm having a shower right now."

"Ok," I reply in a careless tone, walking over to grab my purple toothbrush from the pot that also holds Harry's pink one. "And I need to brush my teeth right now."

The shower curtain is suddenly yanked back and then Harry's head emerges, his jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed in a hardened glare. "Get out." I choose to ignore him, humming quietly to myself like I don't have a care in the world, squeezing toothpaste onto my wet toothbrush and then popping it into my mouth. Harry, evidently growing more irritated with me, growls lowly under his breath. "Isabella, did you not fucking hear me? I said get out."

"And I said I'm brushing my teeth." I spin around to face him so he can see for himself, smiling sweetly as I move the brush around in my mouth.

He raises an eyebrow, sliding his tongue along the inside his cheek with a look of annoyance. "Out," he repeats, his voice much sharper.

"Harry, I have a mouthful of toothpaste here," I mumble amidst the said toothpaste that's currently foaming in my mouth. "I'm afraid I can't really leave right now."

His eyes blaze angrily, and he stares at me for a few more seconds before roughly tugging the shower curtain back to return to his shower, evidently giving in. I smile to myself in victory, which only widens when I hear him swearing repeatedly under his breath. "Can't even have a fucking shower in private anymore," he mutters.

"Relax, I can't see anything," I say after bending down to spit into the sink, the water streaming from the tap washing it down the drain. "If I could, I'd run out screaming."

I hear Harry scoff in response. "Yeah, because you wouldn't know what to do with yourself."

I pull a face of disgust, reaching over to flush the toilet just so the shower will get hotter, which happens a few seconds later when Harry curses loudly and I hear him jump back from the water.