Reading Night #2 - Sou//そう

Requested by tbt_92
_________________________________________

It was a normal, chilly spring morning as I was getting ready for work.

"Hair- Check. Make-up- Check. Keys- Fuck, where did I put my keys!?"

I rushed through my apartment, searching for my keys.
On my way to my bedroom, to search there, I called my best friend.

"(BF/N), I might be late to work today!!"

"Is it because of your keys again?"

"Yes..."

"I'm so fucking done with you. Hurry."

I wanted to justify myself but before I could speak she already hung up.

"Damnit... Okay, back to my keys. Where could I have put them...?"

After an hour of searching I finally found them and ran down to my car, driving off a little faster than I should.

..............................

Finally on the street I turned on the radio and sipped on my coffee when I had to stop at the traffic light.

"Can I never get to work in peace...? It's the same everyday..."

I looked into my rear mirror, thinking back to the days I didn't have to go through this every morning.
The days where I-

Before I could finish my train of thoughts I felt a dull pain in the back of my head before everything around me turned black.

.................................

When I came to I was laying at a hospital, staring at the aseptic white ceiling above my head.

"Miss (L/N). Good to see you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"Could be better, doc... What did my workplace say?"

"They won't fire you, rest assured. Here is someone that wants to see you."

Someone that wants to see me?
Who could it be?

The doctor stepped to the side and an average-tall, blonde man entered the room.

"Excuse the intrusion...", he muttered, looking to the ground.

"I'm Sou. The man who, uhm... Kinda... Drove into you..."

I looked at his pitiful expression and had to hold back my laughter.
I wouldn't let the chance to tease him slide, so I regained my composure.

"So you're the reason I'm at the hospital?"

"Y-Yes, I'm terribly sorry..."

"How are you going to pay me off? I could have lost my job, or even worse my life, because of you!"

He was startled by my reproachful accusations and took a step back out of fear.

"I'm... Sorry, I don't have a lot of money on me... Can I maybe help you in other ways...?"

Okay, that's it.
I can't bear teasing such a cute boy anymore.

"Pfft..."

"Eh?"

"Ahaha! You should have seen your face, haha! I was only joking, don't worry. This can happen to all of us."

"Yeah, haha... I'm kind of a bad driver..."

"I noticed."

He smiled with a slight blush forming on his cheeks as he came closer again.

"Well, I'm still really sorry... And it's true I don't have any money on me..."

He scratched his neck.

"You don't have to repay me, it's fine. I didn't get any serious injury and my car was old, anyways. So you don't have to worry."

"But... I'd feel bad to just drop this without doing something for you."

"Then, how about inviting me on a coffee? I can pay if you want.", I smirked at him.

"No, I have I still have enough money to do at least that.", he smirked back.

After settling the time and place he left, leaving me to get checked by the doctor so I can hopefully return home.

.................................

Approximately 2 hours later I was sitting at a café, the male I was meeting with hasn't arrived yet.

"Not only bad at driving, but also late, huh..."

"I'm so sorry to keep you waiting, (L/N)-san!!"

"It's fine, don't sweat it."

He scurried around a bit before he finally pulled the chair opposite of me back and placed himself on it.

"I already ordered coffee for me, I hope that's alright."

"Of course, order everything you want, my treat.", he gently smiled.

..............................

Now we're sitting here, in our new apartment, on our new sofa, our child laying in your arms while the cats lay in mine.

I looked over to the shelf where my keys lay on, labeled, so I couldn't lose them.

I thought back to the day I didn't find my keys and made it late to work.
If I had found my keys that morning, I would have been on the streets on time so you wouldn't have crashed into me.
If I had found my keys that morning, I would have never met you.
If I had found my keys that morning I wouldn't be the happy person I now am.
If I would have found the keys that morning I would probably still be searching for you now, living my life in the ever repeating pain of getting up and going to work, without change.

I'm glad I didn't find my keys that morning, and I'm glad you crashed into my life.
I love you, and I'll never leave your side again.
I trust you.

... Although I'll be driving from now on.

_________________________________________

Good evening
Hope you enjoyed
Thanks
I'm already dead
Also, I don't know how long writing each oneshot will take, but I try to upload every 20 minutes T-T

Next oneshot is AraNaru smut