12.) Weird

“Miss? We’ve arrived. It’ll be a total of 8.35 bucks.” The cad driver woke me up from my short lived slumber. I rub my eyes tiredly and search around for money, but end up empty handed. It hits me: the boys had taken all my belongings the day of my kidnapping, which included my purse with my cell phone and wallet, and I haven’t seen them since.

“Umm. Could I go inside and get the money please? I forgot to bring some. It’ll only take a minute.” I ask, timidly. The driver gives me a smile and nods yes. I sigh a thank you and get out of the taxi. 

I walk up the three steps facing the front door, and knock on that last one. No answer. I knock again. I hear a latch behind the door unlock, and the doorknob turns. The door opens to reveal a very tired looking Kristen.

“Why are you here, at this time of the night, dressed like that?” She asks in a husky voice. I look down at myself for a brief instant and look back into her eyes. 

“I’ll explain later ok, but could you lend me ten 

dollars? I have to pay the cab and I don’t have money.” I say hurriedly. She looks behind me to the cab, and reaches in her back pyjama pocket. She hands me ten.

“Thank you.” I whisper, before going back down the

stairs. I approach the car and I throw the money to the cab in his window. “Keep the change.” I tell him. He nods, rolls his window back up and leaves. I walk up and hug Kristen.

“Thanks Kris, you saved my life. Bu why did would you carry money in your pj’s?” I can’t help asking, before entering her house.

“You can never be too cautious you know. I could be kidnapped with my pj’s for all I know.” She says closing the door. My blood freezes in my system. Why would she make that reference? I haven’t even told her I’ve been abducted yet. I think, getting more and more suspicious of Kristen’s way of acting. She seemed on edge when she opened the door, but she didn’t ask me the right questions. It should’ve been questions like: Where were you? Are you alright? Did something happen?

“So. Why are you here, at this time of the night, dressed for a party?” Kristen repeats, pulling me out of my thoughts. I was about to tell her but she shushed me. “Not here.” She brings me out of the entrance hall and in the kitchen, making me sit on a chair carefully like I was a person who escaped a mental hospital. She kept staring at me weirdly, but I tried ignoring it and started my explanation.

“Well—” A phone ringing cut me brusquely. She told me to wait for her non-verbally, grabbed the phone and went outside the kitchen and into the living room. The two rooms were separated with a semi-transparent door, so I could hear bits of her conversation with the person on the phone. 

“Hello?” I hear her ask from the other side of the glass door. “Hey! I understand. Yes. Why? Sorry. No. Tomorrow. Fine.” She hung up, and came back in the kitchen with a joyful smile.

“Who was it?” I can’t help asking. Her face changes suddenly, but stays cheerful.

“Never mind that. Why don’t you sleep here tonight? My parents aren’t here, and it’s one in the morning. You need to rest.”

“But—” I start protesting. She’s acting too weird for my liking.

“No buts. You’ll tell me all about your little adventure tomorrow, when we’ll both be at tip-top shape.”

“Fine. I take the couch.” I abandoned.

“You sure?”

“Yup.” Wouldn’t want you murdering me in my sleep, I add mentally. She escorts me in the living room.

“Okay so I’ll bring you blankets and pj’s. Don’t think you want to go to bed dressed like that.” Kristen says, before going for her room. I hear shuffling, and she comes back with a couple blankets in her arms. She hands them to me and I put them on the couch. She goes back to her room.

“Here, you can wear that.” She hands me, to my horror, a t-shirt with One Direction all top-less and shorts with little carrot drawings.

(http://www.polyvore.com/one_direction_pyjamas/set?id=52124274)

“Seriously?” I say, a little irritated.

“I-I thought you lo-loved them. Anyway, I don’t have anything else so...You can go change in the bathroom. Goodnight.” She finished tripping slightly on her words, looking a little taken aback. 

“Sorry, I’m just really tired.” I try covering up. She nods, and goes to her room. Just great. I don’t bother going into the bathroom. I take off the dress and all jewelry, and reluctantly put on the pj’s. I lay on the couch and sigh, rolling myself into some blankets. Maybe things would get back to normal soon, I think, letting my heavy eye-lids drop and carry me to Dreamland.