Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Adalee's POV

So first I learn that the mermaid from my dreams is real, and next she is saying that I'm going back to her castle with her?

What is going on?

Not only am I confused, but I'm also hurt that my father tried to kill me. If this mermaid wasn't here to save me, I'd be dead.

I mind link this beautiful mermaid, "Thank you for saving me."

She responds by kissing my forehead, showing me affection. I feel myself blush, my cheeks growing warmer.

Pulling away, I ask the one question that's been on my mind since I first met her, "What's your name?"

The mermaid with the golden tail looks at me, and her eyes widen. She must have just realized she never told me. "It's Victoria," she says, hiding her small smile by turning and looking away.

"Well, Victoria, your name is beautiful," I say, feeling myself blush a deeper red.

"Thank you, my love. Now how are we going to get you to my castle?" She asks with a smirk, seeming to already have a plan.

I try to take this a step back, "I never said I would go with you."

"You kind of have to, your father thinks you're dead," she says with a sympathetic face.

Realizing that I can't go back to my old life, I feel my eyes start to water. The tears blend in with the ocean, not streaming down my face like they would on land.

Victoria envelops me in a hug, giving me the support I need. I cry into her shoulder for who knows how long. She just continues to rub my back soothingly, making me feel better.

I pull away when I notice the tears have stopped, and I ask, "So how am I going to get to your castle?"

A smile returns to her face, her wrapping her arms around my waist. "You are going to hold on tight. I'm going to swim there with you holding on."

After I nod, she rotates me to where I'm holding onto her shoulders while on her back. "Hold on tight, don't want to accidentally lose you."

"Lose me?" I ask, confused about what she means.

"Yes. I could drop you somewhere randomly and you will be lost. And I don't think you know how to swim so you will be lost until you die of starvation." She sends back a playful smirk, me knowing she is messing with me.

I roll my eyes at her, but think about what she said. What if she does drop me and I die?

"Adalee, I'm not going to drop you. You will not die. You will be fine." I guess she noticed my smile fall of my face, turning into a somber expression.

Nodding my head, she starts swimming slowly, getting me used to the movement.

Once I'm used to it, she speeds up astronomically. I can't see anything but bubbles, her swimming so fast that she is creating them.

I close my eyes tight and hold on even tighter. Scared out of my mind, I rest my head into her dark locks. I think about how beautiful the braid is that she has. It's multiple braids coming together to look like a crown on the back of her head. I'm going to ask her to do them for me when we get there.

Feeling her slow down, I bring my head out of her hair. I look around, seeing some mermaids swimming towards shore.

They don't see me, we are far enough away to not draw attention. Victoria continues to swim slowly until we are able to stand on the sand.

I climb off her back and stand up, my head reaching above the water. I take in the air, it feeling slightly different than breathing water.

Victoria stands right behind my shoulder and whispers in my ear, "Close your eyes."

Doing what she says, I hear the water move as she walks forwards. I hear her yell from the shore, "Open your eyes."

Opening my eyes, I see her standing on the shore completely dry and in clothes. She must've been naked after her legs came back.

I walk to the shore, smiling and soaking wet. She grabs my hand when I walk to her, dragging me behind her and towards the big castle I just noticed.

The castle is extravagant, tall and formal. I have only one thought as I follow Victoria, 'what did I get myself into?'