Chapter 15

Adalee's POV

The kiss was amazing. It was indescribable. Heading back to the castle, Victoria and my hands are locked together. Being close to Victoria feels exquisite, like it's right where I need to be.

Still in my small bikini, I can't wait to shower. The salty sea water still covers me, me being slightly wet. My feet have sand going up to my ankles, having walked in the deep sand.

Victoria says politely, "You can shower first, I'll wait." Carrying on, she informs, "I also have a surprise for you tonight, so get dressed in something cute but casual."

Smiling, I head to the closet to pick out my clothes. Finding a light pink flowy dress that matches the bathing suit I'm wearing; I immediately choose that one. Walking into the bathroom, I hop in the shower.

Using the shampoo and body wash that smells like Victoria, I wash everything quickly. Wanting to get to the surprise as fast as possible, I hurry out of the shower and dry off. Rubbing the towel over my arms and legs, I put on the undergarments and dress. I let my hair dry naturally, probably giving it that beachy wave that it usually does.

Walking out of the bathroom, I sit on the silk bedsheets. Victoria stands up, shoots me a smile, and continues on into the bathroom to shower. I sit on the bed and just think.

Victoria kissed me! Internally I'm celebrating, while I'm externally seeming just as happy as I usually am. Overall, I'm a fairly happy girl. But tainted thoughts have popped into my mind, causing me to fight a battle within myself.

Evil thoughts, making me think I'm better off dead have arose, making me fight tooth and nail to stay positive. It's hard when you have a father like mine, especially with no support system.

Back to the kiss. It was wonderful. The way her lips moved against mine was beautiful, making me feel things I've never felt before. It was my first kiss, so it terrified me while it was happening. Worrying about how well I'm doing or what she thinks of me, causing inner turmoil to disrupt the perfect moment.

Victoria walks out of the bathroom dry and dressed and looks at my wet hair. She looks me in the eyes, her green ones meeting my blue ones. "Do you want me to dry your hair for you?"

Looking at her questioningly, I ask, "You can do that?" That must be how she becomes dry after getting out of the water.

She just smirks, responding with, "I can do a lot of things."

Not understanding what she means, I just shrug and allow her to work her magic. A slight warmth radiates from my hair to my scalp. Before I know it, my hair is dry.

Looking down at my chest length hair, I notice that it has natural waves. My hair is usually straight unless it air dries, so this is new.

With that finished, Victoria grabs my hand and pulls me to the door. "Time to go to our surprise."

I follow her out the door, her practically dragging me. I catch up to her, matching her pace with long steps. She is so tall that it is hard to keep up with her.

We walk down the same path we went down the day we went into town. Guessing the surprise is in Fairbeach, I walk with a new bounce in my step. I love the city, its custom houses and shops, all different from another, are so gorgeous.

Continuing on, we reach a unique little restaurant called 'Fairbeach Fish.' Guessing this is a seafood place, I walk hesitantly in. I've never had seafood before. The seafood was always so expensive, meaning I couldn't afford to buy it.

We've always had to watch our money, my dad not working at a consistent job because we were always moving. Back when my mom was alive, we had enough money to be comfortable, but ever since she died, things have changed.

Victoria, seeing my hesitance, asks concerned, "What's wrong?" She stops in line, not gaining any attention yet.

"I've never had seafood before, I'm kind of scared to try it." Letting go of her hand to wring my hands together nervously, her eyes drop to our hands and back to me. There is a slight look of disappointment before her patient look is upon her face.

"It's okay, you can try the flounder. It is the most basic fish that they have. It tastes like chicken to me, but I have weird taste buds." The line moves up, us moving with it. Finally, the server looks over to us, recognizing Victoria as the queen.

"I'm so sorry, your majesty. Right this way." The server brings us to a table in the back, secluded from everyone.

I say a quick 'thank you,' before sitting down, Victoria getting my seat for me.

Getting the flounder, Victoria and I are halfway through our meal, making small talk. She is in the middle of a sentence when her eyes glaze over.

She snaps back to reality, her face tense and serious. I don't even have to ask what's wrong because she tells me immediately. The words that come out of her mouth shook me to my core.

"Someone has kidnapped Alicia."