ℒℴ𝓃ℊ 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸ℯ 𝓁ℴ𝓋ℯ

Start from the beginning

You swear that he will never grow, I mean like, he doesn't even have a neck!

But he looks super adorable like that, that's one of the things that you liked about Steven, to tease about his height.

The house of Connie you could see from far, making your smile widened as you ran towards her house and knocked on her door softly three times.

After few moments, the door got opened and revealed Connie with her long brown poofing hair, her free eyes which Steven had healed a few weeks back and her usual outfits for the day.

"Connie!" you cheered, embraced her tightly around your arms. She smiled and hugged back your taller form. "Come on! Let's hang out!"

Connie smiled and told you to wait for a moment because she need to tell her mother first or else she will be killed.

You just laughed at her classic jokes and nodded as an agreement.

Few moments later, Connie head out with you beside her to Steven's beach house.

You don't know why but everytime you sees Steven's house, it always memerised you, never once it didn't.

When you both arrived to the door, Connie knocked on it softly for a couple of times which quickly revealed sad Steven, with such a very long frown on his face.

Your happy face turned to like his, frown, even Connie did the same.

"S-Shortie. Are you okay?" you asked worryingly.

He just hummed as an answer.

"Steven, do you want to talk about it?" Connie asked.

Steven shrugged his shoulders up, Connie and you slowly patted his back and brought him to your favourite place to hang out, the hill that contained the fire house which Ronaldo made it as his secret base.

The view of the green grass and windy sky could never make anyone feel down, at least that's what you had thought.

When Steven, Connie and you arrived, they were stunned when they saw a ready square shaped mat and picnic basket on it.

Steven and Connie looked at each other before looking at you who couldn't contain the huge grin you set.

It was you who had prepared the mat and all of the foods in the picnic basket, because you knew that someone among the two of them are down, but you don't know which so you prepared a picnic.

"(Y/N)... you're the one who prepared this?" Steven asked, slowly getting happy on the inside that someone actually cared for him.

You grinned childishly and scratched the back of your hand.

"Hehe, I just thought that I could do something for you guys. Before I leave" you confessed, slowly your smile turned into a straight line.

Connie and Steven had their confused faces on, what do you mean by leaving actually?

You noticed their confused faces and giggled at the reaction.

Your eyes turned into sad ones but still had the smile, you looked down then to them, trying to put every detail of your courage in it.

It had been years you've been friends with the duo, but it seemed that fates doesn't want the trio to stick together, so they had to move on without you being there.

"W-What do you mean by leaving?" Steven asked, getting worry sick each second.

"You leaving Beach City? I thought you liked it here!" Connie yelled in panicked, starting to tear up.