44 - Wondering Why?

Chaeyoung's mind wanders aimlessly as the class went on. She wonders just where she went wrong for Lisa to lie to her like that. She didn't feel like Lisa was cheating on her because she knew that Lisa loved her very much so just why was Lisa acting like this? She was delving deeper into her headspace when she hears someone mention her name.

"Earth to Chaeyoung." Ashley says and Chaeyoung looks up at her confused.

"Hmm?" She asks.

"Girl, I've been talking to you for a while and you haven't even noticed me." Ashley pouts but continues, "The professor had an urgent thing to do and is absent today so it's free period. Wanna hang out?"

"Yes please, I'm hungry." Chaeyoung eyes brighten a little at the thought of food but dims again wondering if Lisa had already eaten or went home.

"Okay you seriously have a problem and we need to talk this out. Come on! I know the perfect place to cheer you up." Ashley smiles comfortingly and pulls Chaeyoung quickly to her car.

When they got to the car, Chaeyoung notices that Ashley's car smells like cotton candy and so she looks at Ashley who smiles at her like there was nothing wrong with that.

"You know I like cotton candy." Ashley says as matter-of-factly. She drives them off to an Aussie café downtown and Chaeyoung was more than happy to eat there. She had missed eating Aussie food.

They order Avocado Toast and Fig Toast, but Chaeyoung was giving Ashley a side-eye at her choice of food. She didn't understand how someone could like Avocados, it tasted so icky for her. When their food had arrived, they ate as Ashley rattled on and on ensuring that Chaeyoung gets her mind out of whatever her worries were.

"Thanks Ashley for not pushing me to tell you what's wrong

"Thanks Ashley for not pushing me to tell you what's wrong." Chaeyoung says gratefully and Ashley smiles at her like an older sister would, she was older than Chaeyoung by a few years.

"I figured if you had wanted to tell me, you would have already." Ashley shrugs nonchalantly but Chaeyoung knew the girl was worried for her and was doing her best to cheer her up.

"But since I'm not rushing to tell you, I kinda have a confession to make." Ashley says looking guilty.

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asks in curiosity.

"I'm not taking us back for the next class." Ashley beams.

"WHAT?" Chaeyoung asks in worry.

"You need to relax babe. I scheduled an appointment for us to have a spa day. I hope this alleviates your worries for a bit before you enter the battlefield again." Ashley emphasizes the word battlefield and Chaeyoung understood that Ashley thought Chaeyoung was having a fight with Lisa. She wasn't that far-off, Chaeyoung would definitely want to talk it out with Lisa but she hopes the girl would admit it herself. That was the reason why she erased every trace of her coming in to Lisa's apartment earlier.

-----

Lisa arrives at her apartment door and was welcomed by two purring kittens. She briefly smells a faint scent of aerosol spray and wonders why it smells like that remembering she didn't spray it before she left her place but she shrugs it off. She passes out of tiredness and sleeps for a few hours before rushing back to Seojun's to help him arrange everything. She also went to comfort Joohyun-unnie and Minguk, also realizing how much she had missed them now that she was present and not thinking of anything else but them.

"Monkeeeey" Minguk goes up to her and hugs her tightly. Lisa laughs and takes Minguk in his arms for a quick hug before raising him up and seating him in her lap.

"What can I do for you Minguk-ie?" Lisa asks.

"Monkey, where is my girlfriend?" Minguk asks.

"Hmm? You have a girlfriend?" Lisa asks in confusion.

"Chaengiee!" Minguk laughs.

Lisa's mind flashes back to when Minguk playfully kisses Chaeyoung on the lips and she laughs remembering how jealous she was at the time. It's a good thing Minguk is still a baby because he might be a worthy rival for Chaeyoung's affection. This baby boy is very good with the ladies.

"Your girlfriend is currently in uni attending her classes. Maybe at this moment she's singing a song." Lisa answers sweetly imagining her girlfriend singing and it brings a smile to her face.

"Does she sing well?" He asks.

"Of course! She's the best singer in the world. I don't doubt that she'd be really famous one day." Lisa says confidently.

Minguk laughs and smiles, "My girlfriend is so pretty and even good at singing. Can I see her again Monkey? Pwease."

Lisa nods her head yes in agreement. She hopes to introduce Chaeyoung as her girlfriend to them since she treats them as family.

-----

Chaeyoung's mind for a moment in time had forgotten about her life's problems as she moaned in satisfaction while her body was being massaged and all her body's stresses were slowly being washed away. Ashley definitely was an amazing friend and she was grateful for her. Chaeyoung reminds herself that she should do something for Ashley to show how grateful she was.

Their day at the spa were filled with pampering, they had their nails done and had a full body massage. Both of them left the spa with smiles on their faces but the day wasn't over yet, Ashley still brought them to a Vietnamese restaurant for a quick snack knowing Chaeyoung had a stomach of five growing pubescent boys.

By the time their day had ended Chaeyoung's mood was already lifted. She hoped Lisa would tell her what was wrong tonight, she didn't want them to keep secrets from one another. She swore she'd listen and keep an open mind about this. Lisa must have her reasons, she convinces herself. She comes back to her apartment only to see that Lisa was fast asleep on her couch and Leo and Luca were sleeping next to her. She wanted to kiss Lisa awake from how adorable she is but she's still upset at the girl for lying to her so she stopped herself from doing so. She knew they'd have a long night ahead of them.

-----
A/N: sharing a video of Minguk because he's so cute. 🥺❤

 🥺❤