14 - Second Chances

"Seojun" Lisa whispers.

Chaeyoung sees how Lisa's eyes soften the moment she turned around and set her eyes on Seojun. There was no hint of hate on her eyes. It looked like Lisa was looking at her world and that made Chaeyoung's chest hurt. She didn't want Lisa to look at Seojun that way. He didn't deserve Lisa.

"It's been a while Lisa. Can we talk?" Seojun asks. His face looked worn out and older than he seemed. His eyes looked sad.

"Okay. But not now, I'll see you around Seojun." Lisa says and proceeds to go inside her car. Chaeyoung stares hard at Seojun and enters the car.

"You agreed? Why?" Chaeyoung asks a little angry.

"I, I don't know. Maybe I need to have this talk." Lisa says unsure why she agreed.

"Lisa, he hurt you. Who knows what he has up his sleeves."

"It's okay. I know him well, he looked sincere."

"You said he was perfect but that didn't stop him from cheating on you. People change Lisa, he's not who you say he is."

"Then all the more reason too. I don't want to judge him just because of that one incident. He may have changed for the better or not. I want to see it for myself."

"You miss him. Don't you?" Chaeyoung asks and Lisa nods at the question. It makes Chaeyoung sigh loudly, unsure why she was so exasperated. She hated the fact that Lisa admitted she missed Seojun.

"I never hated him and I don't think I'd ever will. I saw the goodness inside him before and I know he still has it in him. I miss him and his family. They are like my family too." Lisa says almost crying. Chaeyoung extends her hand and intertwines their fingers.

"But you don't have to worry about me Chaeng. I know what I'm getting myself into. I'll be fine." Lisa says.

"If, if he really changed for the better and he wanted a second chance, would you allow him to?" Chaeyoung asks.

"To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe?" Lisa answers and it breaks Chaeyoungs heart just a little and she wonders why Lisa's answer hurt her. Why did she not want to hear that answer.

"I don't want you to be hurt again. I really really care about you Lisa." Chaeyoung confesses.

"I won't let myself be hurt this time, I promise."

They arrive to their own apartments and Chaeyoung's mind was filled with Lisa and Seojun. While Lisa's was filled with thoughts of Seojun and his family. She missed talking to Seojun, he had been someone she could talk to about her deepest thoughts and about anything under the sun. She missed his warm hugs, his hearty laughs, his kisses, his affectionate love. She missed Seojun's parents who treated her as their own. She missed Seojun's sister and her two kids who she treats as her nephews. She had missed everyone in his family. She hadn't been able to talk to them ever since he cheated and some part of her still wants to meet them since she had treated them as her family as well.

Lisa's phone buzzes and she checks it only to see a text from Seojun. She had never blocked nor deleted his number and his name was still registered the same.

My love ❣
Lisa? It's me Seojun. I hope you'd give me a chance to talk to you. It was really nice seeing you again.

She changes his name and replies.

Lisa
Hi Seojun, meet me tomorrow after class.

Seojun
Great! I'll pick you up.

Lisa
No need. Just meet me at the usual café we go to

Seojun
Got it. See you Lisa!