thirty four

Silas was trying to distract herself by cleaning up the apartment. Thomas was already asleep so the apartment was quiet.

She felt bad for leaving Sarah and ignoring her texts and calls. Silas had a bad habit of trying to run and hide from her problems. And usually, with her exes, they'd let her disappear for two weeks and not even question it. But it was different with Sarah, extremely different.

Silas already knew who was knocking on the door before she even opened it.

Sarah stood there staring at her with sad eyes, lip drawn between her teeth.

"Hi."

"Hi," Silas let her in and shut the door quietly.

Sarah immediately pulled her in for a hug. Silas felt herself relax into the womans arms. Taking in the smell of her perfume and the warms of her touch.

The blonde gently ran her fingers over the bruise forming on Silas' cheek.

"Are you okay?"

Silas nodded.

"Si, I'm serious are you okay?"

Silas ran her fingers through her hair with a huff, "it's not the first time its happened, I'm pretty used to it."

"That doesnt make it okay."

Silas shrugged her shoulders and pulled Sarah back into her embrace.

"Are you hungry?" Silas asked, her voice muffled by Sarah's neck. Sarah giggled at the feeling of Silas breath on her neck, "no I'm not hungry."

Silas pulled back slightly, flashing a grin, "I am."

Sarah rolled her eyes and playfully pushing the younger woman. Silas connected their lips and felt Sarah melt into the kiss and smiled. The blonde groaned as her girlfriend swiped her tongue against her bottom lip.

Sarah pulled back this time, "are you just doing this to avoid talking about what just happened?"

Silas raised an eyebrow, "you're a philosopher Professor not a psychology professor Sarah," she said matter of factly causing Sarah to roll her eyes once more. Silas closed the gap between them and kissed Sarah's jaw and made her way down her neck and chest. Sarah tried to bite back her moan as Silas sucked on the nape of her neck.

Sarah's arms were wrapped around Silas' neck and her body was pressed between Silas and the kitchen counter.

Without disconnecting their lips Silas lifted the blonde onto the kitchen counter, standing between her legs. Sarah's head fell back as Silas' hands started roaming under her shirt.

"Bedroom?"

"Hmm."

thanks for reading! Sorry it took me forever to update some personal things came up. Let me know what you thought about this chapter