thirteen

Sarah felt the weight lift off her shoulders the further they got from her apartment.

Silas sat next to her, grinning from ear to ear as she plugged the aux cord into her phone.

"I hope you're ready to be exposed to the mess that is my taste in music Sarah. It's honestly an experience."

The sun had started setting, colouring the sky with different shades of pink and purple. A cheesy pop song started playing as they drove onto the overpass, Sarah couldn't help but smile over at Silas.

The brunette sang along to the music with a nonchalant smile, she was so worried about the fact that Lily knew about her and Sarah, but she pushed it down and kept the smile on her face. She needed to make the woman beside her feel better. She needed to make it okay.

And she did.

By the fifth song Sarah was in fits of laughter at the song and dance performance Silas had given from the passenger seat. The worries of earlier were long forgotten as they hopelessly tried to keep up with lyrics of a rap song they bearly knew.

Suddenly the art student gasped excitedly, grabbing her phone to pause the song.

"Oh my god! I have the perfect song for us!" She yelled with a grin, she quickly scrolled through spotify before clicking on the screen. As the melody kicked in she watched Sarah carefully, waiting for her reaction.

"Nobody wanna see us together but it don't matter no

Cause I got you babe."

Sarah playfully rolled her eyes as she recognised the lyrics.

"Pretty fitting," she laughed.

Soon the couple had to pull over at a gas station, due to Sarah's tiny bladder and Silas' need for coffee. It was a station just outside of the city, it was quiet with just one other car standing by the pumps. The steady hum of the cars driving by the highway was the only sound that could be heard.

Silas intertwined her fingers with Sarah's and dragged her into the tiny store front. She got her large cup of coffee first and continued browsing through the snack isle.

Once they'd both chosen a variety of sugary snacks they headed to the register to pay.

Something in the corner of the store caught Silas' eye and she quickly turned to the blonde, "Oh can we get slushies baby?"

Sarah blushed at the nickname, "yeah definitely."

"Ugh, fuck yes they have cherry!" Silas cheered causing the man behind the register to glare in their direction.

Sarah couldn't stop the laughter from bubbling out as she was dragged along to the slushie machine.

I HAVE SO MUCH PLANNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK??!