seven

"How about we get something to eat?" Silas picked up her phone and entered into the delivery app. Mostly she was just trying to distract herself from the blonde who sat next to her.

Sarah smiled, "pizza would be great."

Textbooks on the coffee table caught the older woman's eye, she picked one up to read the title.

"Architecture?"

Silas glanced up for a second before focusing her attention on the app, "yeah my roommate is an architecture major."

Sarah froze. Fuck. She got so caught up in seeing Silas she never even thought of the fact that someone could see them together and report them.

"What toppings would you like? Sarah?"

"Uh...anything," she whispered. Silas' brows furrowed as she looked up at Sarah who was staring at the textbook still. Then it clicked.

She softly put her hand on Sarah's knee, "hey, it's okay. He's going to be out all night, he's my best friend he's not going to say a word to anyone. And this whole building is filled with old people and med students. I'd never invite you here if there was even a chance of getting you into trouble Sarah. I'd never do that."

A sigh of relief left Sarah's lips as she put the textbook down on the table.

"I came here to, oh I don't even know-" she stopped to think about how to word her thoughts, "i came here to end it but then i saw you and i just wanted to talk to you, like actually talk and get to know you. I get so caught up in you that everything else just goes out the window. I don't think of the consequences and that- it scares me."

She look into Silas' eyes, "I want to know you Silas, and I want you to know me. But I'm scared, scared of catching feelings for you. Scared of going to far. This could end so badly. You're my student...I shouldn't even be here but I couldn't stop myself," she admitted.

A moment of silence passed over the apartment. Sarah kept her eyes on the woman, searching for answers. She felt her stomach drop at the thought of her scaring Silas away.

Silas laced her fingers through Sarah's.

"Im scared to. This isn't exactly an ordinary situation, but it's going to be okay. We have to take it one day at a time okay?"

Sarah bit her bottom lip and nodded, "one day at a time."

The brunette ran a hand through her hair, "I could really use that pizza right now."

Sarah rubbed her thumb across the younger woman's knuckles, "can I kiss you now?"

"I'd like that."

____

Thoughts guys??