eleven

"Hey, you weren't picking up so I thought I'd stop by on my way

"Hey, you weren't picking up so I thought I'd stop by on my way."

Sarah thought for a moment, "on your way...to the brunch!" She raised her palm to her forehead, "I forgot, uh come on in."

Sarah stepped aside, mentally praying that Silas would stay in the room until she got the chance to warn her.

Lily raised her eyebrows as she noticed the clothing scattered around the apartment, she cleared her throat.

"Did I...interrupt something?"

"No not at all, let me just get these." Quickly Sarah gathered up the clothing that was near her, "I'll be ready in a few minutes is that okay?"

"Of course."

Sarah rushed into the bedroom shutting the door, she dropped the clothing onto the floor and turned to Silas.

"Lily is here."

Silas sat up, "Lily as in my teacher?" She whispered. The blonde bit her lip and nodded.

"We all have a brunch meeting with the head of the department."

"Fuck. Okay you go and I'll leave afterwards." Sarah nodded once more, giving Silas a quick kiss on the lips before walking to her closet to get ready.

Lily sat on the couch, glancing around the spacious apartment. It had large windows that overlooked the city, Sarah's degrees hung framed on the walls and a large plant stood next to the tv stand. Now that the clothing was off the floor it was clinically clean except for a demin jacket that hung over the other end of the couch.

The jacket was tattered and it had drawings and words all over it, Lily felt like she'd seen it before but it didn't seem like Sarah's taste.

The thought was long forgotten by the time Sarah came out of her room.

___

Sarah managed to avoid Lily at work for a couple of days. The thought of almost being caught scared her. Although she quickly realised she could no longer avoid the woman as Lily walked into the lounge area for the lecturers as Sarah was frustratedly trying to get the espresso machine to work.

"Coffee break?"

"It doesn't seem to be working though," Sarah shrugged.

Lily grabbed the milk from the fridge, "lucky for you I have one in my studio, follow me."

Sarah wanted to protest but her yawning made her realise she really needed the caffeine, so she grabbed her cup and followed her.

"It's 6pm what are you still doing here anyway?" Lily asked as the climbed the stairs.

"Grading essays," Sarah said.

Lily grimaced. "Yikes."

"What about you?"

Lily laughed as she pushed her studio doors open, "I don't leave till my students do."

The room was big and smelled like paint thiner and scented candles. It was quiet but there were 7 students, each of them working on something different.

Sarah's eyes landed directly on Silas who was set up in the corner of the room. She had headphones in as she worked with a large canvas set in front of her.

Lily who'd started the coffee, took Sarah's cup, "feel free to walk around and look. They won't bite. I think some of them are in your class."

Sarah walked over to the students, some didn't even notice her presence. Silas' eyes widened when she noticed Sarah standing near her. She quickly glanced at Lily nd back to the woman in front of her.

"It's okay," Sarah mouthed. Silas nodded and turned back to her canvas.

Sarah sat and spoke with Lily as they drank their coffee but she kept getting distracted by a certain student who was packing her things to leave.

Lily followed Sarah's gaze. She frowned slightly as Silas put on her jacket.

"Hey Silas."

Silas looked up.

"I meant to ask you, where did you buy your jacket?"

Silas glanced at her demin jacket, "Oh it used to be my mom's, I did all the drawings though."

Lily looked between Silas and Sarah.

"Oh."

YIKES. YIKES. YIKES.

Thoughts??? Also check out my other fanfic if you want some foxxay.